Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Brand new to KM…need direction please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maced

I have no martial arts background and am looking to start a self-defense program for myself (early 50’s). Whether it’s KM or another discipline.

Thanks

ship

I am 52 and started Krav about 3 months ago. I have taken a hiatus for the last 3 weeks due to work demands and hope to start again this week. I enjoy it but sometimes get discouraged because as one of the older people in the class I do not do as well as most of the younger people. I do like the vigorous workout and the camaraderie of the class. Good luck!

maced

Thanks for the quick response….let me add info to my original post. I’m looking for the best basic / beginner DVD for home workouts.

kravgeezer

I am 66 and started Krav last year. I love it. I had to have shoulder surgery and took a break from it and it’s good to be back but I am more careful as it easier for us mature folks to injure ourselves and it takes longer to heal than it used to. My shoulder was damaged from many years of sports and krav just put the finishing touch on it. All of the instructors in my gym urge us to not do anything that we feel might hurt us. I have learned to train smart, no less intense but smart.

hey mac, i recommend you going to a school near you, since home training isn’t replacement for live training, specially if you are a beginner. a proper instructor can help you with proper form so you don’t learn the techniques wrong or create bad habits.

if you can’t attend to a live school, you can purchase the complete krav maga. the latest edition covers 250~ or so techniques and everything from level 1 to 5 (before black belt, so you will be busy for quite some time :P). you can find it on amazon and with their kindle reading app you can have it available in all your devices (computers, phones, tablets) and costs around 10$. you can also google the techniques mentioned for a live demo on youtube (recommend viewing at least 3 vids per tech).

and also, i recommend contacting your doctor befire starting any workout program.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: