Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

how can i condition my forearm and shin bones at home with no special equipment? i’m more concerned about my shins specifically.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

jump on youtube and look for shin conditioning. Most Thai schools do dowl rolling. But you’ll want to see exactly how they do that. Warning its not fun.

ive been rolling wooden dowels on my shins for a few months now every 2-3 days plus hitting the pads. started rolling it up and down around 5 times, then gradually increased up to 20 rolls per day. but i havent reall felt any difference x_X i know is not gonna happen overnight or in one or 2 months, but i thought maybe it wasnt working..or maybe it is but i just cant feel it. when i check kicks it still hurts and if i hit the heavy bag on the bottom part of it where it is harder than the rest it hurts too x_X. i guess shins take longer than forearms, since i can hit w/e with my forearms and dont feel pain anymore

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Really, wow. because when I first started doing it man I could barely walk lol. Have you tried using something like Arnica gel on them before you start kicking?

havent used any type of gel or anything. but i read somewhere that the balms only help to ease the swelling after the training, and with the skin!

thing is back at the old gym i had no problem hitting the pads, i could go 110% power and not feel a thing..i know they arent as hard as the big bags but still xD, now we moved to a new gym and theres some heavy bags and if i hit the hard part of the bag too hard it hurts @_@. i know im progressing that way, but i wanted something to do it at home too..the dowels didnt seem to work..maybe i was doing it wrong i dont know.

forearms are ok. no matter how hard i go, they dont hurt or get bruised anymore ( i used to train them very very long ago, but stopped for several years). i still feel the impact but it doesnt bother me or “paralyzes me”, like when i hit the heavy bag too hard at the wrong spot LOL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: