Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos warrior krav maga

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    shinfucius

Is this Krav or a variation? KMW schools, but some of the techniques look a bit different (variations perhaps?):

http://vimeo.com/74746415

http://vimeo.com/66442281

kmyoshi

Re: warrior krav maga

Looks like a variation of the techniques. I didn’t like how some of the third party defenses were, such as with the initial redirect, they went on a vertical plane (bringing the gun down) but the line of fire was still on the person you’re trying to protect. Another was the 360 defense, no wrist to wrist. It still worked, but it was very close to the crook of the arm. It’s nit picking stuff, I know not every demo is going to be perfect and it could have been just a bad demo that made the cut.

Some of the training drills seem very beneficial and I’m envious that they get to do it :combat::D: (active shooter in an office environment, using the pistol as a cold weapon although I don’t really agree with the X strike pattern they used before the stab, I’d go straight for the stab,) while others seem kind of odd. Are they shooting blanks at the targets? I don’t see anything hitting the targets so IMHO, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the drill since there is no reference… if they were to use some kind of paint to mark the target, that would be helpful.

shinfucius

It looks like they’re shooting BBs with airsoft guns. Some of the gun disarms look different to me (and I agree with you on the 360s…should be wrist to wrist), so I was a little confused since this was an instructor certification (but looks slightly different than KMW curriculum). So maybe it’s not the KMW phase certification? (although the schools are KMW)

kmyoshi

The BB’s make sense but I didn’t see the targets move at all (paper targets, pellet/BB holes) which was why I thought they were just shooting out compressed air…

pacbrim

WKM head instructor is certified under Darren Levine’s KMW and Kelly McCann. It’s an ATA TKD specific student retention program used as a standalone and supplementary program. The curriculum is modified to cover the essential KMW curriculum but from my observation it also doesn’t contain techniques covered in ATA TKD that is also shared with KMW like the wrist release material in Level 1 KMW because it’s covered in ATA TKD. I posted in more detail in another post discussing Warrior Krav Maga.

pacbrim

quote shinfucius:

It looks like they’re shooting BBs with airsoft guns. Some of the gun disarms look different to me (and I agree with you on the 360s…should be wrist to wrist), so I was a little confused since this was an instructor certification (but looks slightly different than KMW curriculum). So maybe it’s not the KMW phase certification? (although the schools are KMW)

Only the headquarters is a KMW Licensee. WKM is an ATA TKD specific program.

hashgunner
    quote pacbrim:

Only the headquarters is a KMW Licensee. WKM is an ATA TKD specific program.

I see. That clears it all up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: