Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Balancing Aggression With Tactical Caution Re: Balancing Aggression With Tactical Caution

don

Re: Balancing Aggression With Tactical Caution

Maybe I’m missing your points and maybe you’re missing my points as well. Hypothetically, why are you engaged in a “street fight” to begin with? “Street fight” meaning a situation where one or more people are engaging in mutual combat with each other – as opposed to defending yourself with violence against a violent assault.

My aggression analogy is what a stereotypical cat will do if you try to put it in a bathtub full of hot water. Pretty much it’s going to do everything it can not to go in the water, to make you let go, and to get away from you. It’s likely Not going to then advance on you and leave itself available to be re-caught or open to counter attack.

If you have to advance to reach an opponent or attacker, why aren’t you taking that opening to run away, to yell for help, to arm yourself with a dedicated or improvised weapon, etc?

I’m not sure you understand the difference between sparring with someone and being attacked by someone. Maybe you could ask your instructor or training partners (with approval from your instructor) to provide some defense against violent assaults that are Not give/take/countering in sparring. If you’re ready for something like that I think you’ll quickly see how much worse it can be for you if you don’t defend yourself going all out…

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: