Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Review on School In Stamford, CT – Break Thru Family Fitness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aschaller

Hello,

I am new to the forum and Krav Maga in general.

There is a school in my town (Stamford, CT) called Break Thru Family Fitness.

I was wonder inf anyone had any information on the teacher Tom Bacha and was able to offer any info / reviews on the school.

I’m not looking to get into an aerobics class, and I know some of the schools have been a bit commercialized based on the readings I’ve gathered from the forum.

Any input is appreciated as I am a newbie and looking to gather as much information as possible.

I appreciate your time in reading this post.

Thanks,

Alex

mara-jade

Re: Review on School In Stamford, CT – Break Thru Family Fitness

Welcome to the forum Alex:wav:

I’m not familiar with the school you’re asking about, but if there’s any other questions you’d like to ask, by all means please dothumbsup

stevetuna

Alex –

Although I don’t know anything about that specific location or instructor, I’d urge you to go there, introduce yourself, and watch a class. Make your own determination. I’m betting that you’ll find something there that you will like.

Please let us know how you make out!

wyatt9696

<I’m not looking to get into an aerobics class, and I know some of the schools have been a bit commercialized based on the readings I’ve gathered from the forum.>

I’m not exactly sure what this quote from the OP means. If you are referring to “aerobics” as the cardio portion of a class, it would best suit you to want to have good cardio, in Krav, or you will have difficulty in the training. cardio is a huge part of the program, and entirely needed. As Stevetuna has stated, try one of Tom’s classes, or go sit and watch one, then decide whether it’s something you’re interested in. Talk to the school owner, or instructor(s) and have them explain the system, and what your present and future goals might be. The fine folks in this forum can certainly answer all your questions regarding the system, but only you can determine if a certain school fits your needs or not. good luck.

P.S. I’ve seen MANY fledgling students puke or come close in the “aerobics” portion of our classes. So if you want to refer to it as aerobics, at least call it something like “gag refex aerobics”, or “survivor aerobics” 🙂

j

Alex,
    I’ve been taking classes at BreakThru for 9 months. It’s a great school. Classes are taught by Tom and 3 other instructors. They are all great teachers, can work with students at all different levels and passionate about teaching Krav. Cardio ability is definitely important to be able to keep up with the workouts, but it’s not an aerobics class.

Definitely come and take a class and see how you like it.

aschaller

Hi J,

Thank You very much for the reply.

I’m going to try to join a class in the next week or two.

Looking forward to it….

Regards,

Alex

max50key

Ohh nice can you finished your class now?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: