Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

how much do you pay for KM at your school and what do you get for that in regards to number of classes,etc,etc. You dont have to name your school.

talktoazza

Re: The price you pay

that is a great question, I hope people will reply to this. I will be starting at OSMA in a week at if I get into a 2 year contract (which I wont be doing) it is $99.00 for one discipline. If I understood the terms correctly I can take 3 Krav classes per week for that price. On a month to month basis i think the price is closer to $130.00

ryan

This has been covered here before, so keep a few things in mind:

-market area
    -demographics
    -cost of living
    -facility/location
    -instructors
    -schedule
    -terms
    -other offerings

Inevitably, people who are quite happy with their schools and training end up questioning it after a thread like this. Just remember, there are many things to consider and not all schools, markets, or instructors are created equally, and things like price are relative.

talktoazza

All valid points Ryan. I do believe that the other side to that coin is that although Price may be relative, it is also finite. Also, even though market areas, demographics, cost of living etc. may be very different, they may also be very similar. Consumers have the right to be as educated as they want to be before making a purchase (especially one that usually involves a contract), therefore I think that this is an appropriate place for a discussion such as this. I typed “price” in the search menu but couldnt find a single thread about membership costs. I am not doubting that they are out there but if someone could help me find them I would love to read them.

ryan

I don’t know where the threads are, but there are several. Also, I never said it was inappropriate or that no one had the right to be educated, but part of that education is taking these factors into account.

I travel all over the country training and teaching, and even in areas that seem very similar, the demographics and/or commercial makeup is often very different. I can go 45 minutes away from my school in Gastonia and find schools half the size, with a third of the schedule and a very limited instructor core, charging 1.5 times per month (or more) than I charge…and doing quite well.

Try searching “fees” and/or “rates”.

talktoazza

I re-read my message and it sounds like I am trying to come off as combative or argumentative and honestly that is not my intention. You have been involved in Krav and self defense instruction for considerably longer than I have so I dont want it to sound like I dont respect where you are coming from. My only point is that although Krav is a way of life, self-defense instruction is still a business, and businesses have to make money. As consumers it is our responsibility to look for the best deal (including who is instructing the courses) possible to ensure that we maximize our $’s worth. I have tremendous respect for everyone involved in Krav and I am looking forward to being part of the community. I apologize if my comments sounded standoff-ish or weren’t helpful.

ryan

I didn’t take it that way at all. I’ve just seen how these discussions can go.

For what it’s worth, I worked with some One Spirit instructor candidates at a course I co-taught in MD, and I was impressed with them.

talktoazza

that is worth an awful lot actually. I have another open thread right now asking if anyone has any experience with OSMA. I was hoping to find out what a typical class would be like there but either way I will be finding out next week.

mara-jade

Try seaching just for ‘membership’. I found several threads using that. I’d paste them in for you, but my connection is rather sucky at the moment. Fees works too

I signed a 3 year contract with my studio, with the proviso of being able to shift my classes to other disciplines when I hit the wall for the level they offer in Krav. It was 75 per month. I added a Combative Tactics class for half that price again, 35 per month, and plan to add another class, Aikido, for half again that price, around 20 per month. So for around 135 per month, I’ll get 3 different disciplines, 3 days a week, an hour or more per class. That’s a hell of a deal in my book.

alamocitykid

Also involved in the pricing issue is the date you joined. In my case, I joined four years ago on an annual contract basis, and the fee is frozen. I don’t know what the current fee is, but I’ll wager it is significantly more than I pay. For this reason, I steer away from “telling” what I pay, because it is not really relevant. In San Antonio the fee normally includes as many KM self-defense, and KM fitness classes as the body will bear.

kmky

If i break it down by how much per hour, I think I’m getting a steal. My instructor is willing to stay late and has even come in on days off to work with me. I think I calculated once that I pay about $5.00/hour of training. Which I believe is a steal.

elgoyo

$129 per month, currently Krav available MWF eves, Sat morn and the occasional weekday offering.

paragon

I get a discount because of my employer, so I am paying $112 per month for KM at the ATA school. If I went to all three classes per week, it’d be like 10 bucks a class. Good price for me. It’s $28 per class if I go to just one a week. I can still afford it.

skaldgrimnir

I am on a 2 year contract. I pay 89.00 a month, and can go to any Krav class(4+ a week), combat cardio, striking, or fight class a week. I can also attend Muay Thai classes if I want.

Good price, great instructors. I am very pleased.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: