usnavy-233

As a style, SCARS is marketed as being extremely effective. I cannot say, based on the presentation in this book and video set, that I find it so. While there is some material of value here, and the videos are worth watching if you can get your hands on them, their hefty price tags generally outpace their value.
As a result I do not recommend the SCARS/HCS system.

______________________________________________________-

Now my take on the system.
I have no experience with this as it was already phased out before I arrived at the teams so my opinion is one deduced of logic and common sense rather than personal experience. When I came into the community they were (and still are) teaching CQD. CQD is good for what it is but it is not a self-defense system, this is not its intention. Keep in mind that SEAL fighting revolves around gear and weapons. If we were to need to rely on unarmed self-defense that would essentially mean that our primary weapon had failed, then our secondary, none of our buddies have a working secondary to give me, and now weíre standing in the middle of a firefight holding a knife or an empty gun. This is the epitome of ìthe shit has hit the fanî. So, keeping that in mind, CQD is a fine system incorporating weapons and gear for the mission we have. Now, I would imagine that if SCARS were all it is cracked up to be that either 1) the teams would still be using it or 2) allot of team guys would be pissed that itís gone. I saw neither from any of my teammates. Take that for what itís worth.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: