clfmak

I remember a while back on the Attack Proof forum, which went down a few years ago, there was a guy who did SCARS. Aside from the san soo, there’s also what they call compression groudfighting. I assume this comes from the term compression strikes, that are used standing up. There’s also modern weapon disarms, which I’ve actually read good things about, but can’t comment on these things personally.

There’s an article by a guy that went to a SCARS camp:
http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=46

Some notes I’ll mention about compression groundfighting:
On that link about halfway down, there’s a hold that attacks the shoulder and neck simultaneously- it seems like it would totally not work. Also:
\”For example, I had never appreciated the variety and lethal effectiveness of \”compression\” attacks before taking this camp. One such killset involves, first, making your opponent throw up by twice striking a certain nerve plexus and then insuring, by a brutal compression, that, while gasping for the air he can no longer get, the man breathes in only his own hot vomit.\”
Sounds pretty brutal, but also sounds very suspect- unlike conventional grappling where you can apply about half the pressure and see where it would go at full speed, you can’t make someone sort of breathe in their own vomit.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: