Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    talktoazza

Hello all, I originally posted here a while back looking to get some insight on Krav Maga. I have been training at a local academy for about 8 months in Muay Thai and now I want to transition into Krav Maga. Unfortunately my academy does not have any Krav instructors and I was hoping I could hear some reviews of the schools in my area. There are a number of schools in my area that teach Krav, and I want to train at the best place possible. I have tried searching the ‘net but I am not having much luck. Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to joining the KM family and doing my best to contribute on this forum.

mara-jade

Re: Virginia Krav Maga

Welcome back,

Other than looking at the current locations, hopefully some fellow KM’ers in the area can give you a hand:wav:

https://kravmaga.com/schoollocations.asp

talktoazza

There are so many schools in the area it is tough to figure it out on my own. I was going to visit a place called KravWorks but I have been calling there for a week and nobody will return my calls. KravWorks claims to be the only school in N.VA/DC area to be:

“the ONLY Krav Maga school in the Washington, DC area that is recognized and endorsed by the National Governing Body for Krav Maga in the State of Israel and abroad, the Israeli Krav Maga Association, and also by the Wingate National Sports Institute, and the Israel Ministry of Education.”

It doesnt seem like there are many VA residents on this forum, but hopefully there are a few and they see this.

saruotoko

For TalkToAzza:

https://kravmaga.com/virginia.asp

https://kravmaga.com/dc.asp

https://kravmaga.com/maryland.asp

One of these places has to be close to you. They’re all Krav Maga Worldwide affiliates, and KMWW is one of the 3 major families of Krav (I know of) that currently have a large number of affiliates around the world that provide quality instruction.

Good luck with your training.

Mario

zen4me

Talktoazza;
    I’m not sure about NoVa schools, but the KMDC school pretty much rocks in my opinion. Of course I’m rather biased when it comes to the school and Instructors – but that’s beside the point. If you get a chance come check us out.

http://www.kravmagadc.com

– Kelly

talktoazza

Thank you everyone for your input. As you can see I am lucky enough to live in an area where Krav appears to be taking off. I have heard great things about Krav Maga DC but I live in Loudoun County which is considerably far west of the DC academy. Geographically OSMA in Herndon is the best choice so we will see how it goes. I am going to try out my first class next week and I will post a review for anyone who is interested.

beeker11

I went to One Spirit Martial Arts (OSMA) for a year and the Krav program was fun and really practical. Be prepared to work out. It’s not a big place, but adequate. Let us know how it works out.

phlegmon27

I train at Krav Maga Nova in Lorton. It’s probably a bit of a hike for you, but it’s an awesome little gym. Tight crew, awesome instructors, and very Krav-focused. Not an MMA gym that happens to have some Krav classes.

khc

Hi,

I train at KravWorks. Initially, I had the same experience as you; I called and emailed a lot and I never. One day I just walked in during one of their classes. I’d suggest you do the same; you get a free week to try things out, so there’s nothing to lose.

I’ve been there for a little over a year now. What sold me on the place is the “douchebag factor” is extremely low; its a very laid-back, fun crowd for the most part. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

quote Talktoazza:

There are so many schools in the area it is tough to figure it out on my own. I was going to visit a place called KravWorks but I have been calling there for a week and nobody will return my calls. KravWorks claims to be the only school in N.VA/DC area to be:

“the ONLY Krav Maga school in the Washington, DC area that is recognized and endorsed by the National Governing Body for Krav Maga in the State of Israel and abroad, the Israeli Krav Maga Association, and also by the Wingate National Sports Institute, and the Israel Ministry of Education.”

It doesnt seem like there are many VA residents on this forum, but hopefully there are a few and they see this.

talktoazza

I am heding to OSMA tonight for my first class, I will let everyone know how it goes. Thank you all for your insight its awesome to see that everyone has/is really enjoying their respective academies.

dckm

i’m taking classes at the springfield location. i just started and so far i’m loving krav. i like this particular facility, the location works and the instructors that I’ve seen really work with you to be sure you understand the technique. my only wish was that they had an 8 pm level 1 class during the week. i work in rockville, md and dc rush hour traffic is horrendous.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: