blindfold

Re: Tactical Decisions

A great question and comments.

The Tueller Drill showed about 12 officers reacting to the same type of attack. The difference was distance, but they knew what was coming. It took 7 yards to draw and fire from the holster on a target that was told when he was allowed to go. The officer had time to set himself comfortable before he could even start. If you were not expecting a person to attack you from a traffic accident you would be screwed.

I saw an incident with a women who was hit by a guy who was about 6’+ and around 250#’s. She got out of the car, didn’t really say anything, and the guy went berserk. He started yelling at the women and she ran back to her car and got into the passenger seat. He proceeded to beat on her car. This was about the time when I told my wife to call the police and move the car. We had been at a public carwash, where the cars had pulled into. They were about 30 feet away when this all took place.

I went over and tried to calm the guy down, the whole time realizing that this is extremely stupid to do. The police were there in about 2 minutes and were very intolerant of his aggressive behavior. The officer knew me and asked me what had happened and took the man into custody. This actually worked out fairly well with all things considered. He caused enough damage between the accident and the bashing to have her car towed and her hospitalized for a few days. She sued the guy for quite a few things that didn’t even involve the car. He was charged with a few criminal acts as well. All over a simple accident and ignorance.

Just goes to show you to keep a level head in stressful situations.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: