Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Tactics for closing distance & engaging when sparring a taller opponent? Re: Tactics for closing distance & engaging when sparring a taller opponent?

jonj480

Re: Tactics for closing distance & engaging when sparring a taller opponent?

Leejam: I am one of the tall ones in question (6’3″) and got caught with that very combo that you just mentioned last week in fight class. It definately works. My question is how is the best way to defend against this if you get caught with your jab out there. In class, against the opponent that caught me with it, I started feinting with the jab and throwing a right cross or a kick to prevent this from happening again. I just want to know how to prevent getting hit with punches 2, 3 and 4 of the combo once you get caught with the first one.

The over hand right in that combo was not the one that stung (my chin was tucked and the punch grazed off my shoulder and the top of my head) it was the left hands that hurt (the speed surprised me and he snuck the first one in between my arms and hit me square in the nose). Just curious as to how you would defend against this. It has taken me about 4 months to really start to be able to use my reach to my advantage and getting caught like that was rather painful….

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: