Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ruger45

Today was our level one test. This was the hardest thing I’ve ever put myself through. My forearms feel like hamburger meat (from the 360 blocks) and my whole body feels like I put it through a meat grinder. It’s amazing how far you can dig when you really want something. I wanted this pretty bad. Having a great partner to encourage me through the test also helped me a bunch. Thanks Mike! (Ben Stiller) LOL! thumbsup So my Fathers Day will be a day of rest and quiet. Basically being a couch monkey today.thumbsup Thanks to Otis Berry, Erhen, and Erik! You guys were great and thanks for pushing me to the limits and not allowing me to quit. Now I’m of to my couch! Oh, I passed!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

mara-jade

Re: Level 1 test

Congrats!!

ithos

Nice man, that’s pretty awesome, I still got a while until I have a chance to take my level one test, but I can’t wait to get the chance. It’s always cool to hear about someone passing!

Congratulation!!!

brewerm

Good deal! I didn’t see the post until after I got the message. CONGRATS!!! I didn’t take it yet

susie

Congrats! Great job.

ruger45

Thanks a bunch everyone! I told myself I was not going to quit. They were going to have to carry me out on a stretcher punching and kicking. rofl2 Your partner is the biggest key to it. You guys can feed off one another and motivate each other. JMO.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Congrats, good job, and great dog! Got a staffy just like it. 🙂

mr-bty68

Good Job, Congrats!

kvmorl

Great, good stuff Ruger!!

I’m already getting ready mentally with all the things I’ve read here about test, even though its at least 3-4 months down the road 🙂

ruger45

quote CJs Dad:

Congrats, good job, and great dog! Got a staffy just like it. 🙂

thanks!

ruger45

quote kvmorl:

Great, good stuff Ruger!!

I’m already getting ready mentally with all the things I’ve read here about test, even though its at least 3-4 months down the road 🙂

Just make sure you get your water in leading up to the test.

jonj480

I agree with that, hydrate yourself well throughout the day. You can count on yourself to be taxed physically to the point where you never imagined yourself going. It is the mental block that is the most important. The ability to keep yourself fighting, when your body is screaming at you to stop that is the most important. You will be surprised how your muscles will remember your techniques.

Great job Ruger45, it is an awesome accomplishment!

tiny

Just completed and passed my Level 1 test. What a great feeling! Went thru 4 shirts, about a gallon of Gatorade, a couple bananas, countless towels, and an overwhelming desire to just lie down on the floor during the 5.5 hrs.

I’m so proud to be a part of this community. I’m a second degree black belt in karate, but no karate test ever made me feel as good as this one. This forum is filled with inspiration, great advice, and a lot of camaraderie. This tips I picked up here were so helpful over the last few months.

Now, where is that ibuprofen . . .

mara-jade

Congrats TINY!!!

Yeah, our level 1 test was about 5 hours too. I think hubby and I slept like 5 hours after getting home, having a well deserved shower and food:beer:

bracius

Congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: