unstpabl1

Re: How long did you stay in level 1??

quote lions2011:

Ok no problem unstp.

I am doing krav for street self defense only. I am not trying to fight in a ring or cage.
My main focus will be krav. I thought by adding 2 hours of MT in the summer time will enhance my strikes only.

I want to spend the entire year in level 1 and try to have as perfect technique as possible along with plenty of timeto work on it
I rather be a good level 1 guy than an medicore level 2 guy.

I am not interested in weapon defense at all just hand to handto combat only. I know krav after level 1 starts to shift more into weapons.
I may try some BJJ next year to enhance my ground work.

All training is beneficial. Just not sure the extra cash for the MT is necessary. Gets expensive in LA.

There is a big part of me that likes your mentality of perfecting the fundamentals before moving on. Many race thru to get to the good stuff not realizing the importance of the structure. we’re adults and we want it all now. On the other hand from being here awhile I’m not sure that the perfection of the craft is what L1 is about. I may be wrong and an instructor will correct me

you have to do what feels right for you. Maybe find an instructor you like and take class with regularly and the 2 of you decide when the time is right. Other than that let go of the timetables and strive to get better each day. MaraJades earlier advice was susicnt as usual. The daily work IS the reward not the certificate thumbsup

Street self defense is weapon defense…or better yet is Reality Based SD is weapon defense. we are a tool using animal and if not for our ability to make tools we’d be food :dunno: If you heard an intruder in your house would you go empty handed to stop him from entering your daughters bedroom? Think he’s unarmed?

Hopefully we never ever need this and the benifits are health but it’s better to be prepared

be well

Mike

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: