Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga- real world applications

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sicpuppy

Hey there everyone…

The NRA has an regular article called ”The Armed Citizen” where actual cases of people defending themselves with firearms is recounted.

I am curious, is there a resource anywhere that describes real events when krav was used?

I am sure it has been used in real life.

Thanx!

brewmasher

Re: Krav Maga- real world applications

I would love to see such media, but I don’t know how accurate it would be, or if much data could be collected. All gunshot wounds are required to be investigated by law, as any discharge of a firearm within city limits. It is easy for the media to pick up on such events, they just search the police blotter.

In the case of an attacker being thwarted by a person trained in martial arts, there will most likely not even be a police report made unless the attacker is severely injured and needs to be hospitalized. In those cases the media usually reports “excessive force” and lawyers are all over it looking for lawsuits. I don’t know what I would do in such circumstance, but I would think seriously about not sticking around to file a report after pummeling someone who attacked me. Creditable publications will verify the facts, and will not print a story if only one side of it can be verified.

sicpuppy

Re: Krav Maga- real world applications

quote brewmasher:

I would love to see such media, but I don’t know how accurate it would be, or if much data could be collected. All gunshot wounds are required to be investigated by law, as any discharge of a firearm within city limits. It is easy for the media to pick up on such events, they just search the police blotter.

In the case of an attacker being thwarted by a person trained in martial arts, there will most likely not even be a police report made unless the attacker is severely injured and needs to be hospitalized. In those cases the media usually reports “excessive force” and lawyers are all over it looking for lawsuits. I don’t know what I would do in such circumstance, but I would think seriously about not sticking around to file a report after pummeling someone who attacked me. Creditable publications will verify the facts, and will not print a story if only one side of it can be verified.

Agreed… But then you hear lots of stories in the police academy or later training, and you don’t really know how much truth or creativity there might be. But, you still have a basis to justify this procedure, or that policy based on what you have been taught.

At the same time I suppose, without some sort of verification, the stories could easily start to compete with the Penthouse Letters.

Another wish stomped all over! Lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: