Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    stickfig13

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/real-plans/celebrity/maria-menounos-krav-maga-workout/

Seriously?!

If anything will kill the spirit of KM it’s this

bear34

Re: Hate to see this

quote stickfig13:

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/real-plans/celebrity/maria-menounos-krav-maga-workout/

Seriously?!

If anything will kill the spirit of KM it’s this

Got to admit she is very cute though.

stickfig13

quote bear34:

Got to admit she is very cute though.

No doubt, but when did they invent Tae Bo Krav Maga?

Stuff like this makes me cringe.

…and what the hell is “striking down”? Punching to the ground while holding a squat?

bear34

quote stickfig13:

No doubt, but when did they invent Tae Bo Krav Maga?

Stuff like this makes me cringe.

…and what the hell is “striking down”? Punching to the ground while holding a squat?

Sorry, didn’t make it past the first slide.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

While I admit it’s not for everyone I personally don’t see anything wrong with having a fitness client who asks if you can blend some krav style moves into your workout routine.

Her trainer is Jarrett Arthur the blonde whos elbowing me in the face in the forum banner. Shes a solid Black Belt and an amazing instructor.

I really don’t see anything wrong with her form…. so?

kevinmack

In 2001 when I first started training in Krav Maga, KMW was just starting to promtoe KM enmasse with the lciensee program,celebrity clients(movies) and marketing to the fitness demographic. Being young in the system and like most things…when people get into religion,politics or even KM they can be cocky and arrogant know-it-alls….the whole “my thing is better than your thing” Even though I didnt have it as bad as others I still took issue with the way KMW was promoting the system. I felt like they were watering it down and turning it into a fitness movement. As I matured in the system and when I opened a school I have come to see the value in many of the things they did and even incorporate some of their methodologies. They also seemed to tone down the whole LA,girls in sports bras,JLo thing on their end. The only thing I would prefer for any KM group that has a fitness program as that they draw a sharp line between what is KM and what is a KM inspired fitness program. Even at my school we are developing a KM derived fitness program but I refuse to use the words Krav Maga in the name so that there will be no confusion.
    So don’t be so quick to judge. I was there once and now some of my opinions have changed…some haven’t.
    I think location plays a big factor as well….LA has a large number of celebrities,pretty people and a huge fitness culture. In Philadelphia I don’t have that. I have out of shape,pasty and angry people. No celebrities. Plus Philly is known as a fighting city with a rich boxing history. I might take a whole different approach if my clientele was different.
    My instructor was telling me how he was talking to his friend Rick on the phone(Rick Blitstein black belt and KM instructor in Miami) and he told me Rick teaches private KM lessons on the beach in Miami to Victoris Secret models. He looks at us and says “and here I am in Philadelhia in the dead of winter teaching you ugly guys. Man what did I do wrong?”
    He was joking of course but the point was clear…and it it still hurt a little. 😉

stickfig13

quote CJs Dad:

While I admit it’s not for everyone I personally don’t see anything wrong with having a fitness client who asks if you can blend some krav style moves into your workout routine.

Her trainer is Jarrett Arthur the blonde whos elbowing me in the face in the forum banner. Shes a solid Black Belt and an amazing instructor.

I really don’t see anything wrong with her form…. so?

Respect to you and everyone involved in the article. It’s just bothersome to see Krav Maga represented as a series of “moves” you can “integrate into your routine”. I know numerous females that pour their hearts into kicking serious ass that are annoyed by this type of stuff.

Respect

I think most people that go to fitness classes understand that they’re doing a fitness class and not getting trained in kickboxing, Krav, or Muay Thai. I don’t really see anything wrong with it, especially if it exposes a lot of people to Krav and they start doing a little research and decide to embark on their own personal journey to self defense through a no-bs Krav Maga program. Really though, I don’t know why self defense would be what Krav is described as being able to help you with, because it really doesn’t. It should be categorized as self offense. lol

bradm

I see it as no different from “cardio kickboxing”. It uses kickboxing moves for a good cardio workout, but you diffinately do not learn how to kick box.

stuartf

I really appreciate that KM features fitness, fighting, and self defense. And people will be attracted to it for varying balances of those three aspects, but it would be nice if articles like the one in the OP could point out that they’re using KM inspired movement for a fitness routine instead of just calling it Krav Maga.

stickfig13

quote stuartf:

I really appreciate that KM features fitness, fighting, and self defense. And people will be attracted to it for varying balances of those three aspects, but it would be nice if articles like the one in the OP could point out that they’re using KM inspired movement for a fitness routine instead of just calling it Krav Maga.

My point. Thank you 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote stickfig13:

My point. Thank you 🙂

And a valid one!

rickprado

I always get asked “is there a workout component involved” in my classes.

While I don’t feel it’s right to spend 30 minutes doing cardio out of a 60 minute class, I tell people that getting a workout is a byproduct of Krav Maga and they should come and check out a class.

When they see the last 10 minutes, when you are performing techniques while people are pounding you with focus mitts, shoving, you, etc….they get the picture. Maybe we can’t run a marathon, but we get a workout.

All that combat conditioning that some people focus on is cool, but your average Joe isn’t in that type of shape, isn’t going to get in that type of shape, nor does he need to be to defend himself.

Having said all that, the chick is really cute, but there should be a distinction between fitness and krav maga.

don

speaking of hotties and training, if you haven’t already, check out “MMA Candy” on youtube for BJJ techniques… 🙂

brewmasher

quote Don:

speaking of hotties and training, if you haven’t already, check out “MMA Candy” on youtube for BJJ techniques… 🙂

I can see some guys paying extra for that instruction!;):

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: