Re: KRav is best suited with boxing and MT

Lions,
That time frame is really hard to gauge. I grew up with two years of TKD, followed by 6.5 years in the infantry before starting MT. I’d say with little to no experience whatsoever it will take about 3-6 months of constant training to establish a good foundation of MT. It is much more complex than just punching and kicking: checking out Master Toddy’s MT site and specifically the instructor certifications describes how many number of punches and kicks you’ll be taught to instruct upon. I went to a one day seminar w/ Master Toddy here in Va Beach and I learned 9 punches with just my lead hand, as well as four different styles of fighting and the advantages each style has over another (ex boxing vs kicking, elbows vs knee, etc) Throw in the knees, elbows, clinch, trips and throws (yes, they do exist in MT) and the whole game changes.
After about a month of fundamentals I’d recommend taking a bag conditioning class to work on your power, distance and timing. You’ll be surprised at the improvement you get all around.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: