Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics My observations on Krav Maga culture,it’s growth and instructors. Re: My observations on Krav Maga culture,it’s growth and instructors.

sicpuppy

Re: My observations on Krav Maga culture,it’s growth and instructors.

Speaking strictly as a student, and knowing virtually nothing about this organization or that organization, I want my instructor to have some experience behind that certificate.

An instructor should have at least been in a fight or something in his/her life. How can you respect or take self defense training from someone who had never had to defend themself? How can that instructor prepare you to take a hit if he/she never got hit? This is a problem with alot of people. You train and train, but when the kick to the groin and pluck doesn’t work like it does in the gym, you are next going to be hit! You will be surprised by both!

I also want my instructor to have an affiliation with a legitimate KM organization. At least this way there is at least a hope you are learning the right things.

Add I said, I know nothing of the mechanisms of a KM organization, but I would really rather it not be all that easy to become an instructor. I also want the instructor to focus on the history of KM, and of the affiliate. And, I think the affiliate probably should push for individual membership, and not just membership for the schools.

I think if my affiliate at least knew I existed, there might be more interest in my training. I would rather see some sort of ”Chain of Command”, so the instructor or school is responsible to someone to ensure the training and the instructors conform to a standard. I would like to know how my school or instructors rank in the system, and how I rank in that system.

I have lots to say about this, but really, who cares? All the organizations are faceless and could care less.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: