Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Why don’t all KM schools train all out? Re: Why don’t all KM schools train all out?

Re: Why don’t all KM schools train all out?

Hello Daniel

Practical and dynamic application of your training is valuable in any self defense or martial arts training. Pads and protective equipment is used for the protection of the user less then the training partner. Your power and speed should be developed to the point you should not need pads (that being said I still advocate the use of training pads) as your training progresses so should your control.

In regards to your question about the application of self defense and the law. In our training course it’s the first thing that’s covered. You should have an intimate understanding of the use of force policy in your state and locality. In Texas it’s Chapter 9 of the Penal code. Read it, learn it, ask questions about it (I am not knocking any NRA instructors, but they are not who I would be directing questions to) Multiple sources such as police officers, criminal justice professors, assistant district attorney or criminal defense attorney. Do your do diligence and educate yourself. You will spend years learning to defend yourself but only spend a few minutes to understand your rights under the law.

You are in luck that you are in Denver. Look up James Hiromasa at Colorado Krav Maga he was my instructor for my level 1 training and is very knowledgeable and is a great instructor and trainer.

Krav Maga should do the job for the training your looking for, however I would always suggest exposing yourself to other forms of training, some basic knowledge in Judo or Ju-Jujitsu never hurts anyone.

Good luck, train hard and be safe.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: