cearball

Re: Groin Kicks is all there is

I know this is something of a dead thread but regarding what FearTheFighter said about using boxing for knives I think that in a way he is right & in a way he is wrong.

As far as I recall Imi was a boxer & wrestler, they used these techniques for streetfights & although they survived they realised some adaptations needed to be made.

I am also a fan of Geoff Thompson who believes that IF you could only choose one sport orientated art boxing would be the one for the street.

http://www.knucklepit.com/mixed-martial-arts-geoff_thompson.htm

So I dont feel the poster was too far off when he said about using boxing as a knife defence, as I feel that the most important element of the knife defence is the counter attack to the jaw/throat. You cant just keep blocking the knife with the arm & hope to win you need to shake that guys brain & give your self a second of breathing space to do something.

Me & my mate didn’t have alot of faith in the knife defence so I tried the downward stab & upward oriental hold stab while my friend wore one 160z glove on his striking hand. The key to stopping the attack was in the punch not the block. It made me have more faith in the bursting defence & come to the conclusion that if I block make sure I hit & hit hard. Even if the block misses finish the punch.

Just my 2 cents

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: