Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Trouble Forming a Proper Fist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    peacemeal

When I form a fist, my lower finger joints stick out well in front of my knuckles. If I strike with this, the finger joints always impact first. I have asked my KM instructor about this and he inspected my fist forming and said that I was not doing anything wrong. I seem to be physically unable to tuck my index finger in properly so that my knuckles hit first. This is what my fist looks like:

If I press my index fingers together, I cannot get the top of my hands into a horizontal line. They knuckle joints don’t bend enough.

My question is: is there anything I can do about this? Can I “train” my hands to make a proper fist by making the index fingers bend properly without injuring myself? Or should I just stick to palm strikes?

catapult

Re: Trouble Forming a Proper Fist

Please edit your post with smaller pictures. The big ones make it unreadable.

If it’s just your index finger that isn’t flexible enough, try keeping the last
    joint straight and holding it down with your thumb.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: