Elbows (1 - 7)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbows (1 - 7)

I have another yellow belt qualifier question and that is elbows 1-7. Is there a video or some diagrams out there where I could see the different positions? Want to make sure I have those down.

Scott

Re: Elbows (1 - 7)

Both these books have them
    http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Step...3546667&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-...d_bxgy_b_img_b

Don't remember if the old KM DVD set has it. Guess you could look on youtube probably but the books above give you detail
    Do, or do not. There is no try - Jedi Master Yoda
    This is Krav, not scrapbooking- Instructor Jeremy Stafford
    Krav Air - We serve up NUTS
    - San Antonio Center's Mock Airplane Motto
    Disneyland, but more violent - SashaTheStrange explaining KM to a friend
    Know who you are and what you're capable of. Walk away if you can. Run away if you must. Defend yourself if you have no other choice.- Instructor Steve Tornovish

Comment

Unfortunately my qualifier is tomorrow so I won't be able to get a book by then, found some stuff on YouTube though, thanks.

Comment

i had trouble keeping them straight until our instructors broke them out of the numbers and showed us the applications.
        IP section 238 part B (2e)
        poster is not held accountable for accuracy or content on posts after 2230.

Comment

Elbows 1-3 are on a horizontal plane. (this is for referrence, not for teaching them- I am doing this to refresh your brain)
          #1 is a traditional forward elbow, #2 is the side elbow & #3 is the elbow to behind you

Elbows 4-7 are on a verticle plane.
          #4 is the little brother poke behind you, #5 is the upward, rear elbow (think under their chin), #6 is the upward elbow to your front, #7 is the downward elbow.

Where are you training at?
          Be safe,

Kirsten Z.
          www.kravmagaOR.com
          Oregon's premier training center since 1999.

www.BasRuttenSystems.com
          Primary mission: To mesh world class fighting and training methods with reality based self-defense in a fun, safe and proven effective method. Learn to strike, spar, grapple and train like a champion with Bas Rutten Systems. "Join the Dutch Revolution"!

Comment

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/2...ow-strikes.htm
            Be safe,

Kirsten Z.
            www.kravmagaOR.com

www.BasRuttenSystems.com
            Primary mission: To mesh world class fighting and training methods with reality based self-defense in a fun, safe and proven effective method. Learn to strike, spar, grapple and train like a champion with Bas Rutten Systems. "Join the Dutch Revolution"!

Comment

I'm over at East West in Vancouver.

Comment

Good video. However, the way I was taught was the same except 6 and 7 are reversed. Number 6 was elbow straight up under attacker's chin, and #7 was with elbow dropping down on the attacker.
                I love this stuff!
                Brad

Comment

Same thing happened to me. The YouTube video I watched showed 6 and 7 the opposite of what the instructors taught us.

Comment

You guys are right 6 is an upper cut style elbow and 7 comes straight down.
                    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win.
                    -Outlaw Josey Wales

Comment

yeah, sorry about that... I just watched the first half and posted it. My apologies. Why they have it backwards I have no idea...
                      Be safe,

Kirsten Z.
                      www.kravmagaOR.com

www.BasRuttenSystems.com

Comment

don't want to be the bad guy here but if you don't know your elbow 1-7... which means that you've never seen or practice them.. maybe your not ready to take your test?!?
                        ------
                        James

www.teamcrossfit.com

Comment

not a big fan of this guy on the video. I just watch the 2 choke defense videos and he says the 1 word that should not be used when describing the pluck. which is "GRAB". He keeps verbally saying and physically grabbing the hand and pulling it down which is not how I would teach it personally.

thats 2 negative posts in a row! I must of woke up on the wrong side of the bad :) I need a hug.
                          ------
                          James

www.teamcrossfit.com

Comment

Just because you've seen or practiced something doesn't mean you retain 100% of it and don't need a review at test time.

Comment

My bad... i mis-read it and thought you've never seen those techniques.
                              ------
                              James

www.teamcrossfit.com

Comment

Working...
                              X