unstpabl1

Re: Bear hugs and hair grabs?? necessary??

Fair question. i’ll disappoint. As i said my krav experience is very limited for many reasons. I discovered krav before NTC ever opened and took a class up at the Jewish university. I couldn’t take the classes because I bartended the nights of the class. I trained in a park with some Israeli guys for about 4 months or so. YEARS and years ago LOL. Took a FIGHT class with CJ”s DAD. Last year while going thru Chemo I was at KMSO for a couple months till the doctors told me I had to quit….sucked but was the right call. I may be the longest regular poster on the forum though I come and go

Because of what I do for a living and my real passion, I’ve had a lot of training breaks but other systems I’ve trained in are American Kenpo, NInpo, San Soo, kickboxing and MT. there are others as well

I’ve played in one of the above systems as i could for almost 20 years….and I suck.

I’ve been back at MT since last summer trying to work around nerve damage from chemo and am FINALLY getting consistent w/o’s in. Train about 5-6 days a week at least an hour a day. I’m using the training to rebuild and reinvent myself. its been a struggle. In the end all this **** is Toughness Training

FWIW, and My MT instructors always tend to put the newbies with me so I can show them the basics, MT will help your krav….but then so will training Krav.

I train at a top school. The thai’s show you things but they don’t really break it down. Depending on the gym, there may not be a lot of technique work or as Kru Nop( Kevin Ross’s trainer) says IQ KRAV…Just bang, bang no good. so much of MT is based on the stronger better conditioned fighter will win. I always tease them that they’d rather take a kick than avoid one

CJ’s Dad would have much better insight on it

I took a FIGHT class at KMSO with him and it is still one of the best martial art classes I ever took. The basics were broken down and built upon. You walked out of that class able to apply it

not sure about where you train but I THINK and maybe an instructor will comment, that FIGHT is where you hone the combatives. This is what I think your looking for with MT:dunno:. Either way MT is complimentry training but also an added expense

If I could I would be back at Krav because my Focus isn’t preparing for a sport fight. My focus is health and street. I simplty can’t afford it.

Hope this quick ramble helps

be well

Mike

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: