Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    n8swag

Hi, does krav maga have any techniques for using a karambit? I’ve seen knives used for cqc, but as of now not any karambits! 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Karambit?

Not per-say

The Karambit is mine and several other instructors personal carry of choice. We all have the Emerson because of the wave feature and ease of deploy. I teach it to fellow instructors as part of my knife material but its not “official” KM material.

With the Karambit you really need to get comfortable with the deploy being 2nd nature from there just think block and instead of punch its deploy/strike same target area as the punch would have been.

Theres other stuff but you get the jist of it. Your welcome to pm me if you have any specific technique questions.

Sean

stuartf

I’m not aware of any, but I’m only level 2 so far. I’d be surprised to find anything specifically for it in Krav since the origins are so different… Krav from Europe/Israel and Karambit from Java. I don’t see any reason that Krav principles couldn’t be applied to it though. We have stuff for knives as well as improvised weapons.

don

Well, KM is principle based and IMO, the principle with a karambit is the same as with any other edged weapon – the sharp pointy end goes in the other guy… :abx: :D:

n8swag

quote stuartf:

I’m not aware of any, but I’m only level 2 so far. I’d be surprised to find anything specifically for it in Krav since the origins are so different… Krav from Europe/Israel and Karambit from Java. I don’t see any reason that Krav principles couldn’t be applied to it though. We have stuff for knives as well as improvised weapons.

That’s true… it doesn’t really have a special technique I guess. It’s kinda a basic knife fighting technique.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: