Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    boucheed

What kind of training can I do at home by myself. I want to continue to refine what I am learning but I am not sure what to do. Do I need a heavy bag?? Any suggestions…

Thanks

Re: Training at home

Hi boucheed. I had a similar post called Exercises for Cheap People. Basically like the kind of stuff you can do at home without any equipment. Check it out as well in the Techniques forum I think.

boucheed

Are you insunuating I am Cheap Liquid Rock Face:) Thanks for the reply

I have followed the advice of many others on this board and purchased the Bas Rutten workout CDs.

They have great workouts for heavy bag & shadow boxing routines and a great all around workouts.

They can be purchased at http://www.basrutten.tv/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=WCDVD&Category_Code=DV

or I purchased mine on eBay for a little less than that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAS-RUTTEN-MMA-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Workout-UFC_W0QQitemZ130196048357QQihZ003QQcategoryZ79779QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope that helps you out.

Tim’s right. The Bas CD’s kick ass. You won’t find anyone on this board who will have one bad thing to say about them.

J-

raneman

Yeah Bas CDs rock and it is like he is watching you actually do the session. No rest..keep moving…ok you are almost done.. SPRAWL!!!!

quote Raneman:

Yeah Bas CDs rock and it is like he is watching you actually do the session. No rest..keep moving…ok you are almost done.. SPRAWL!!!!

Stop… I don’t even want to think abou it when I’m not working out! Ouch!

J-

rottngirl

that intense, huh? Hmmm….I’ve just changed my routine up a bit, but always dig learning new stuff…will have to check out those CDs!thumbsup

quote Rottngirl:

that intense, huh? Hmmm….I’ve just changed my routine up a bit, but always dig learning new stuff…will have to check out those CDs!thumbsup

Oh yeah they are very good routines. I think you would love it.

leam

You can do stuff like slower punches in to the mirror to see if you’re telegraphing or “winding up”, or doing a *very* slow punch into a will and then make your body continue the punch. The former takes relaxation and the latter builds your ability to do a total body punch.

Vary your regular workout by changing directions as if multiple attackers are coming in from different directions. Focus on footwork, angular movement, and directional changes. Might prevent a sprained or broken ankle down the road.

Start from a laying down position and get up and punch. Then try to economize the motions it takes you to do that. Then change the start position.

If you have a tall chest of drawers, pull out one at your stomach height. 1-2 punch high, 1-2 punch into the gut/opening.

Write out all the material for your level and go over it each week.

Put things into smooth combinations. If you’re higher level, have several activities in each drill that cover high/low, movement/direction change, etc. Nothing shows stilted technique as flowing them together. 🙂

Yeah, this has been on my mind. Was out for two weeks with a bad cold, went back one day, and now down with the flu. UGH!

Leam

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: