clfmak

\”Well, with trying not be mean, and tell you to take a hike. Yes, ten years. Karate, at leat most teach to use the first two knuckles to strick with. Just cuz you were taught one way, don’t talk down to the way others were trained. I never said the way I was taught was right, just that I was taught that way. It is all about learning. And maybe you should learn to be more respectful and not talk out your Arse….\”

I’m not suggesting that karate doesn’t teach to hit with the last two knuckles- obviously it does. I am an advocate of the first two knuckles. Both ways are correct, assuming you have the correct alignment for that strike. The learning devices I mentioned (mainly the makiwara, also the sand bag, and others) are to teach this alignment. I don’t know if you ever used one of these in your ten years, but it seems like you would at some point in karate, and if so you would have picked up the alignment of the wrist and first two knuckles pretty quickly. I believe the way you were taught was most likely right, but maybe you were never exposed to or didn’t pursue any training methods to develop wrist alignment. In my opinion, this is a very fundamental detail of karate (without contact, there is no reality- Masatatsu Oyama) and can be picked up in less than a year by most people, assuming good training methods.
I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I was baffled at your statement given your background. To me, its like saying you did karate ten years but gave an inaccurate description of a front stance. I’m not talking out of my arse, and if you think I am, be like me- get specific. What did I say that was inaccurate? That’s how criticism is supposed to work.
Sorry, it just bothers me when people (not necessarily you) complain about their useless TMA training so they join krav (or sometimes MMA) and then badmouth \”their\” old martial art when they never really got it but still present themselves as an expert. I guess some of that frustration came out at you.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: