Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Krav Maga Force training-what to expect?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Greetings from Texas

I work for a University Police Department in Texas and we have recently introduced Krav Maga to our university community as a replacement to our legacy system (Rape Aggression Defense). our officers are certified as level one civilian instructors.

Our chief is now interested in us doing law enforcement training. The civilian training was tough and I was wondering what to expect from the law enforcement side. We have one instructor who went through phase one force certification about 5 years ago and he said the training was not that tough. He only taught one course and never did it again (padding resume).

Anyways my main question is should we prepare ourselves for something similar and physically intense as the civilian certification or is it different?

Thanks in advance,

don

Re: Krav Maga Force training-what to expect?

Who certified you for civilian training and will they also be certifying you for LE training? (This question is best suited for whomever is actually going to be instructing/certifying you)

We received our civilian certification from KMA, We were looking to attend a local force training in a couple of months in Dallas which is put on by KMW, no sure who the training team for that class will be.

don

If it’s in May and who I think it’s going to be (no names because I’m not 100%), it will be intense and demanding but you will have a good time!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Texas, hmm JP or maybe Heath, or both. Couple great instructors.

resqr1

My instructor certification was brutal. It is an accomplishment I will always cherish. It’s one of those things you do in life that you can say, “Hell yeah. I did that.” and hold your head high because of it. Ours was in an unventilated wrestling room at a local high school in June. Ambient temp was up to 110 on most days. BRING LOTS OF FLUIDS!!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote resqr1:

My instructor certification was brutal. It is an accomplishment I will always cherish. It’s one of those things you do in life that you can say, “Hell yeah. I did that.” and hold your head high because of it. Ours was in an unventilated wrestling room at a local high school in June. Ambient temp was up to 110 on most days. BRING LOTS OF FLUIDS!!!

Nice! What new hires at Burbank PD range go through is something like that.

Thank God the 80hr inst course that Don and I did together had AC, cause those were some loooooong days. Stopping to get Pascal coffee at 5am before we started teaching – good times!

I appreciate the info and am looking forward to the course.

Thanks for the comments and stay safe.

don

quote CJs Dad:

Nice! What new hires at Burbank PD range go through is something like that.

Thank God the 80hr inst course that Don and I did together had AC, cause those were some loooooong days. Stopping to get Pascal coffee at 5am before we started teaching – good times!

lol re: “did together”, to be clear, You were Instructing and I was Learning… and yes, Good Times to be sure! 🙂 And you know it is a high intensity class when the instructors also have a good sweat going on!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Don:

lol re: “did together”, to be clear, You were Instructing and I was Learning… and yes, Good Times to be sure! 🙂 And you know it is a high intensity class when the instructors also have a good sweat going on!

Teaching is a learning experiance 🙂

resqr1

quote CJs Dad:

Teaching is a learning experiance 🙂

100% agree. You learn WAAAAAYY more by teaching (if you do it right) than you ever will by just taking the class.

skydrive141
    Blocked

Locksmith services

Sustain up the Braintree Locksmiths fantastic perform , I just read few web site posts on this web site and i also feel that your Carol Stream Locksmiths internet site is actual interesting and has rings associated with fantastic details .Chicago Heights Locksmiths

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: