Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Looking for a Training Facility in Orlando, FL.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    brettb

Does anyone know of a good facility in Orlando. I saw some on the locations page, but I would like to hear any information on the instructors or the schools themselves. Let me Know, Thanks

noles05

Orlando school

I have been going to Victory Martial Arts in the Metrowest area. I just started recently but am very happy with the instruction there.

bradm

I was in the Orlando area this past December looking for a retirement home. I called about 4/5 of Victory Martial Arts schools in the area in hopes of taking a guest class or two. Except for one, I got no answer on the phone. I left messages asking for someone to call me back. No one ever did. At the school I finally reached, the guy on the phone could barely speak English. I did not understand anything he was telling me. I was not impressed with those schools.

But, I’ll give them another shot the next time I’m in town. I will be retiring in the Orlando area this year. I sure hope I can find a good Krav school.

khvt02

I tried two or three of the Victory Martial Arts schools in Orlando about a year ago. All the classes I attended were terrible. One was taught by a girl that didnt look much out of high school, and it felt more like an aerobics class. Another class I went to, LEVEL 1, we were doing moves to flip eachother over our shoulders. I felt like it was far too advanced for the class, and very unsafe. I was involved with KM in Virginia for about 6 months (before moving to Orlando) and loved it. I have complained about Orlando before. I would LOVE to see someone besides these Karate schools offer some classes. I may check out the Metrowest location…but Im not hopeful!

neophyte

I have been a Victory student for Krav at their Winter Park location for a year. I keep going only because it is all there is in Orlando. The instruction occasionally is okay when they can keep a certified instructor around, but they don’t seem to be able to keep them long. Frankly I think it is time for Orlando area KMer’s to begin bringing this up with the NTC. Victory has a stranglehold in Orlando and the boss is only interested in two things, money and notoriety.

noleone

I train at Victory as well. At first it was fine. But now, it is very frustrating to see the truly ceritified instructors jump around. They use Krav to get you in the door, give you a few good classes and then let a Tae Kwon Do guy treat it like a Tae Bo class. All the while, they want to sell you on Tae Kwon Do. It is definetly time for a real KM school in Orlando.

Very Frustrated

themaronis

Very frustrated

It is sad. I have been searching for a KM school in Brevard County. The only ones who offer it are Victory. But I went and visited one calss and they told me it really WASN’T KM but TKD mixed with \”some\” KM. I was terribly disapointed. We NEED to have something here other than Victory and someone who teaches KM only. If anyone here has any ideas on that, let me know!!! 😈

ryan

Please e-mail John Whitman about this. If this is the status quo there, it needs to be addressed, and that’s the only way to insure it gets the proper attention. He’s teaching in Japan, so it may be a few days before he responds.

His address is [email protected].

khvt02

I emailed John a few weeks ago but never got a response. Anyone else heard anything new?

I wonder if there is an opportunity for a new school here, or if there are some rules about how many Krav locations there can be within a certain area.

ryan

John’s just returned from Japan this week. Give him a little time.

bradm

I find this very disappointing. As stated in my earlier post, I tried to contact about five of the Victory Martial Arts Schools regarding their Krav classes. No on e ever got back to me and no one has answered my emails. I will be retiring to the Orlando area (Poinciana just outside of Kissemme) and very much would love to continue in Krav.

Victory Martial Arts schools are all Taekwondo schools. I have also heard that Victory uses Krav to get people in the door and then try to get them in the Taekwondo program. I am also a TKd student and would love to continue training in both TKD and Krav. Krav is my major interest and would love to see a good Krav program in the Orlando/Kissemme area.

I agree with the above posts, there needs to be a good Krav program there. Something needs to be done about the program offered by Victory Martial Arts.

John, I hope you can help. Thanks,

neophyte

Glad to see this is a concern to many. I am just sick of Victory. It is just a clip joint as far as I am concerned. They tried to get me to renew for one year last night because my contract is coming up. I said not right now politley, while wondering if I should ask for half my money back on the old contract since I had a certified instructor for about half of the time. I will be e-mailing John and I hope others here will do the same. Their licensee status needs revocation.

noleone

Victory Martial Arts

Very frustrated here. I have now been training with a non certified KM instructor for over a month. The original certified instructor has left. I have sent the details to JW and nothing has happened. There is no curriculum, and we have been doing the same thing for a month. The self defense moves are not even KM and nothing is like on the videos. The level II test date keeps moving farther off. I am not even sure it matters any more because it is the same non certified KM instructor that will be teaching level II. They suckered me in with the big discount by paying up front for a year. Now I am screwed. I signed up to learn Krav Maga, not just work out. Vicgory’s Krav license needs to be yanked so that no one else ends up in the same situation I am in. 😡

themaronis

well…

I am glad to see it has brought other people’s experiences to the light. Now what is to be done? I think we have all sent emails to John, however, could we go a step further? Maybe call them? Write a letter with all our names on it? Asking them to pull Victory’s license and help us aquire an actual KM instructor! There is a demand for it. Any ideas?

johnwhitman

Actually, we are on the case. Unfortunately, it may not help your training, because we aren’t replacing anything yet…just shutting down programs that are not teaching as they are supposed to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: