jdawgmcb

Re: My Summer time vow

quote AviatorDave:

Sounds like you’re committing yourself to overtraining and burnout. 5 days of weightlifting will lead to no progress, unless you are using “gear”, especially if you’re adding cardio and Krav on top of that. 3-4 days of weightlifting per week will likely give much better results. If you do a 3 day split, go for S-T-Th or MWF, for 4 day splits do something like Mon-Tues, Th-Fri. Depending on how intense your KM classes are, those may give enough cardio. Mine vary between what is light and only moderate intensity for me, so the days I lift, I only lift. On the days I have KM class, I also do either HIIT for cardio or will sometimes run steady state, but still at a high intensity.

You don’t gain strength or size when you’re lifting, gains are made when you rest. And if you’re doing KM or HIIT cardio when you’re not lifting, then you’ll never have any recovery take place. And you’ll also be setting yourself up for joint or connective tissue injury.

I weightlifted all 4 years of high school and competed on the powerlifting team (state level)…5 days isn’t too much (especially when the workouts are shorter) I am watching for overtraining and when I think that it would be more beneficial to stay at home, i do. I did take a little break from lifting though – so i have to get back into it.

and i have spare time because now that im out of high school there really isn’t much to do except the little work i do get and stuff like krav maga.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: