Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations KM in Richmond VA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    spiderhead35

I just moved to Richmond VA from Austin TX and I’d really like to continue KM. Is there anyone else in the area that would support a KM class?

drandles

I used to work out of Richmond and attended KM in Williamsburg. It was about 25 minute drive. There is information and class schedule at http://www.atakix.com. The instructor Doug Foss is a certified trainer in KM. I do not know which level if there is one as I am still pretty new to KM.

cathor

I’m puzzled why KM is currently not being offered in Richmond. Does anyone have any updates regarding bringing KM to RIchmond?

Williamsburg is 50-60 min away for most people in Richmond which will not work for me.

kiwi2000a

Need KM in Richmond, VA

I am in Mechanicsville, VA – just east of Richmond, VA and Williamsburg is a bit too far to travel considering today’s hectic lifestyle. My children and I are currently students in a traditional TKD school. We focus on safety and self defense. We do not get belts just because we came to class like some schools I’ve seen. I really like the similarities I’ve seen to KM and KM seems a more simplistic or straighforward approach. I would love to see a KM training facility begin in the Richmond area.

calseeor

I’m also in Richmond and am trying to find a legit place that teaches Krav Maga. So far it seems I need to travel 2 + hours to the nearest location. 🙁

apcova

I would definitely support it. The Williamsburg atakix seems to have cut ties with Krav Maga, as their site now describes the classes as \”Self Defense\” with no mention of KM.

I’m in Richmond, and just don’t have the time to drive 1 hour+ to get to a class. I’d like to see KM here.

Re: KM in Richmond VA

I also support bringing Krav Maga to Richmond. I’m still amazed how Krav Maga is neglected here. I have been studying Brazilian Jujitsu and Muay Thai for years and years and I’d love to begin studying Krav Maga but there isn’t anywhere to learn it unfortunately.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for schools and I’m hopeful we’ll get it eventually.

It’s sad you are not able to get it in Richmond.

Maybe you can move a little further east and come on over to Virginia Beach.

Hey guys,

Currently there are no training facilities in Richmond, VA. However, we are always open to school owners/Krav Maga enthusiasts who are interested in becoming licensees. If you know of anyone or are interested, you can contact Karla Nystrom at: [email protected]

-Candice

joy-pet

Any new news on this front? I moved to Richmond in February 2011, and I was hoping to start KM training. I did some research and came up empty handed, but I’m definitely interested in beginning if there is a facility!

hsydnor

I currently offer Krav in the Richmond, VA. area. Near Chesterfield Towne Center. You can checkout our website at pmachesterfield.com. Thanks.

I am a certified level 2 instructor in Krav Maga. My studio is located at 9401 Midlothian turnpike. Feel free to stop in for free class at anytime. My website is Evolutions Martial Arts and you can find all the information you need there. I also have a Evolutions martial arts fb page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: