unstpabl1

Re: Marines and Krav

quote kvmorl:

Check out the video in my original post. It’s not only the punch that’s looks very similar.

:Surprised: Of course I looked at the video you posted. That’s where the metaphor a punch is just a punch came from. I’ve seen simalar or the same techs in kung fu san soo, kenpo, hapkido, jujitsu, ninpo,systema,WWII combatives,etc all which probably predate krav

MCMAP was like krav not formed in a void it came from many sources. the more I looked at martial arts, the more similarities i saw. Other people may see only their system. The differences being Focus, drills and philosophies. Not the WHAT(TECHS) but the How.

MCMAP was developed by I think Col Bristol, Sgt Urso??? and I think another SGt. I may have the ranks wrong, but I’m pretty sure the names are close. I don’t have time but you can google it if you want.

there is also a great 3 part series with UFC fighters going thru some MCMAP training on a USMC base. I think it’s on the USMC youtube channel. It’s worth watching. If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll dig it up as time permits

Hope it helps

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: