Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge weight training and krav maga Re: weight training and krav maga

ds314

Re: weight training and krav maga

I’m always playing around trying to find the ultimate workout that I can complete within an hour. I’ve been trying to find a workout where can incorporate strength training with cardio. Here is an example of my new workout routine. I’m trying to do the workout three times a week mixing and matches the following (pushups, bench press, dead lifts, squats with weights, jumping squats with 12lbs medicine ball, dips not assisted, dips assisted, bear crawl, crab crawl, roundhouse kicks, cleans, kettleball squats (where you swing the kettlebell up as you squat), crunches, lunges).

Today’s workout
Run/jog 1/2 mile
5 Sets of 10 Benchpresses and 50 pushups
Run/jog 1/4 mile
Lunge Walk 100 steps
Run/jog 1/4 mile
Dumbell Squats 50 reps and Jumping Squats with 12lb Medcine Ball 50 reps
Run/jog 1/4 mile
Cleans with Barbells 100 reps (starting with 80 lbs, then lowering the weight with each 10 rep set and doing go back up in weight)
Run/jog 1/4 mile
Kettlebell Squats – One arm with 20lbs 100 reps (50 reps left, and 50 reps right)
Run/jog 1/4 mile
Dips – 100 reps both unassisted and assisted
Run/jog 1/4 mile
Bear Crawl – two 70 yard crawls (ouch)
Done
Now the whole goal is to keep going and not stop (kinda like the Bas routines).
I try to incorporate some of the other lifts like deadlifts, pullups, crunches, etc). I’m trying to build more stamnia right now then strength since I’m already fairly strong for being 45 years old. I also do BJJ two times a week and Krav 3 times a week. I also try to run/jog 2 miles a least two times a week on days that I do not do this workout routine. I try to rest 2 days a week. It seems to be working. My stamina seems to be getting better.
Dave

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: