cjs-dad
Keymaster

Re: Perfect Technique

Very nice post Michael, I enjoyed the read.

At the risk of sounding argumentative I have to strongly disagree that MMA/Jitz will hold up within a multiple attacker scenario for one specific reason – its multiple attackers.

In a mutual combat situation (each individual knowing they are in a fight) the MMA/TMA practitioner absolutely can rely on their training to kick in and dominate.

The problem comes when you add the variables or additional combatants.

Rightly so individuals are trained to mono focus at the task at hand, the man standing in front of them. That is what they are conditioned to do that is what comes out of them under duress and that is their down fall.

In Krav Maga we refer to the fight as being organic, fluid, ever changing call it what you will but its not static – its MOVING.

In many of our popular drills (shark tank, gauntlet, ring of fire) a student learns to move from one attack to the next, never sitting in the pocket, constantly looking for where the next attack is coming from.

MMA/TMA students don’t practice this and if they do its rare and at a higher level of their training.

The bottom line is I think its about mindset, the individual who is trained to expect the unexpected is arguably better prepared than one whose training is to have tunnel vision on a single opponent.

That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Train hard, go home safe

S.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: