Re: KRav is best suited with boxing and MT

I like to think of MT and BJJ as accessory training or skill sharpening. I took Muay Thai for about 6 months and while I feel that because of the clinch and throws it is an effective means of self defense, it lacks realistically dealing with a weapon. I took a few BJJ classes and had some grappling experience from my time in the Corps under the MCMAP program; BJJ is great for skill sharpening but if you’re facing multiple opponents, taking one of them to the ground to grapple with while his or her buddies surround you does not better your situation very much. MCMAP is the only thing other than KM, in my experience, that emphasizes only going to the ground if you cannot avoid it and get back up as quickly as possible. I like to go back to my MT roots to practice kicking and punching, because that training was much more technical in those aspects, even if my training was geared towards hitting an opponent under a set of rules. I like to go back to my MCMAP experience because when I had to use it on a deployment, it worked. I look to BJJ for escapes and submissions-not for holding but to enable me to apply maximum power to a weak point in the body with minimal effort.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: