Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics My observations on Krav Maga culture,it’s growth and instructors. Re: My observations on Krav Maga culture,it’s growth and instructors.

kevinmack

Re: My observations on Krav Maga culture,it’s growth and instructors.

See…I dont think something needs to be done in an organized manner by KM orgs or the government. The different KM orgs are never going to be able to work together as long as money and business is the their prime motivation. I also dont expect people to agree on every aspect of curriculum and standards and practices.
But I think things would change for the better if everyone agreed that the certification course model of educating instructors and affiliates is not the way to go and to return to the apprentice model that most martial arts followed up until 12 years or so ago.
For instance…in the tattoo business the apprentice training model is the standard for bringing up new tattoo artists. If you want to learn how to tattoo and to do it as a profession you find an artist that will take you on as an apprentice…he trains you till he feels that you are ready to work on your own. This is the excepted standard. Tattooists that are self taught or took other shortcuts are called “scratchers” and are looked down upon and not accepted by the community. There is no organization that regulates this. Every tattoo shop has the right to run his own business the way he sees fit. They dont even chase down frauds or try to expose them because they all agree on a professional stand so the frauds stand out.
Even KM orgs stop looking for the quick buck that lies in speading affiliates and certifying instructors and returns to a more organic method of growing instructors in-house then the frauds and instructors who buy their qualifications will be more obvious and everything would be much better in the long run.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: