uberwensch

Re: Why Krav?

I’m a 5’6 female with a spirited mouth. I moved from my fairly laid-back hometown to Australia’s biggest city and found myself either getting into situations I potentially couldn’t handle, or dropping my eyes and letting distasteful stuff happen to other people because I was too scared to get involved.

The latter is what caused me to start thinking about self defense. Which is not to say I was looking for fights, not at all. But I never want to sit silently in a peak hour train carriage and listen to some asshole spit racial slur after racial slur at a quiet Indian guy in the corner ever again. It was one of the most degrading experiences I have ever had–not just for the guy being victimised, but for myself. I lost a lot of respect for myself that day, and for everyone else who sat silently with me. It felt like I was doing myself a disservice by not having the courage to stand up and say what I was thinking because I was scared it would escalate.

On top of that, there are just the things that happen generally in this city. Once it gets dark the place can become a free-for-all. I just wanted to round out my life so I could feel confident in my ability to ensure I was safe at all times. I’m confident at work, I’m confident in personal exchanges and it bugged me that there was an area of existence where I had nothing to fall back on.

I started looking, and then started researching this Krav/Kapap/Street Edge guy that I was supposed to interview for work (I am a journalist) and just knew that Krav was what I had been looking for.

Signed up for an induction that day and have been training for a little over a month now.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: