View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
WayneTheGuru

Default Re: I don't know if KM is for me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Kor View Post
This job of yours sound very risky. generally speaking, knowing any kind of Self defense is a positive thing and can be useful. KM, is probably one of the best programs that can offer you what you may require. while therer's a big emphasis on fitness, this doesnt necessraily mean that you need it to pull of some of the techniques. KM SD maneuvers arent about strength or stamina. furthermore, not every school practice alot of groundwork and i've heard some provide very littel, so you might want to look for that school who has more tools on how to fight on the ground if that interest you.

with that said,

if you're not working in the law enforcement or serving in the military, and you find yourself in constant danger during your work. taking SD lessons might not be the first option to consider in solving the problem.
I'd have to disagree. Self defense (in any study or form) is an excellent way to mitigate this gentleman's dangerous situations from escalating too much so as to cause harm.

Niceguy, I would look into more diciplined studies like Kung Fu, Tase Kwon Do, or even Karate. although they may seem to be the more "mainstream" studies, they are still veyr effective. What sets them apart from others I have studied is the martial art focuses in more on discipline and being humble, rather than aggressive defensie mechanics. I was in Tae Kwon Do for years, and it taught me to be humble but firm in my defense methods.

Also, ain regards to the legal aspect of your concern, if you are using the proper amount of force so as to justifiably and properly disarm, disable (not handicap), or subdue someone in your place of business because it is your employment responsibility, you are allowed to do so. Key word in that sentence is "justifiably"!