vwr32

It needs to be repacked. Banging away on a rock hard bag is going to cause injury. A lot of the newer bags come with a 3inch foam liner surrounding the core to keep them from sagging or settling. The bag should be able to absorb whatever you throw at it… without the possibility of causing damage to your fists or shins over time. They’ll toughen up on their own, impact and resistance training improves bone density. Don’t rush it.

Shin guards help if you don’t have some. I can go full force on the bag without them no problem, but still wear them when I’m doing long training sessions of roundhouse kicks. My goal is to continue to strike harder and faster each time… wearing the pads is just an added safety feature just like good bag gloves and wraps.

I’ve seen instructional websites that use the foam liner inside, sand wrapped in a bag at the bottom for weight, then stuffed with rags to the top. Packing the rags tight keeps things solid when you strike it. If it’s me, I wouldn’t be happy training on something that forced me to only hit it lightly or less than my full potential. Nor would I spend the effort to repack it. 😉

Just my opinion.

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: