Go Back   Krav Maga Worldwide™ Israeli Self Defense Forums > Krav Maga Worldwide Forums > Law Enforcement & Military

Notices

Law Enforcement & Military Law enforcement and military training officers, please post here

Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
oglenewinkel
Force Training Division

Default Krav Maga Force training-what to expect?

Greetings from Texas

I work for a University Police Department in Texas and we have recently introduced Krav Maga to our university community as a replacement to our legacy system (Rape Aggression Defense). our officers are certified as level one civilian instructors.

Our chief is now interested in us doing law enforcement training. The civilian training was tough and I was wondering what to expect from the law enforcement side. We have one instructor who went through phase one force certification about 5 years ago and he said the training was not that tough. He only taught one course and never did it again (padding resume).

Anyways my main question is should we prepare ourselves for something similar and physically intense as the civilian certification or is it different?

Thanks in advance,
oglenewinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

Default Re: Krav Maga Force training-what to expect?

Who certified you for civilian training and will they also be certifying you for LE training? (This question is best suited for whomever is actually going to be instructing/certifying you)
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
oglenewinkel
Force Training Division

We received our civilian certification from KMA, We were looking to attend a local force training in a couple of months in Dallas which is put on by KMW, no sure who the training team for that class will be.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

If it's in May and who I think it's going to be (no names because I'm not 100%), it will be intense and demanding but you will have a good time!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
CJs Dad
Administrator

Texas, hmm JP or maybe Heath, or both. Couple great instructors.

But hey, thats just me.
CJs Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
resqr1
Force Training Division

My instructor certification was brutal. It is an accomplishment I will always cherish. It's one of those things you do in life that you can say, "Hell yeah. I did that." and hold your head high because of it. Ours was in an unventilated wrestling room at a local high school in June. Ambient temp was up to 110 on most days. BRING LOTS OF FLUIDS!!!

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
resqr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
CJs Dad
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by resqr1 View Post
My instructor certification was brutal. It is an accomplishment I will always cherish. It's one of those things you do in life that you can say, "Hell yeah. I did that." and hold your head high because of it. Ours was in an unventilated wrestling room at a local high school in June. Ambient temp was up to 110 on most days. BRING LOTS OF FLUIDS!!!
Nice! What new hires at Burbank PD range go through is something like that.

Thank God the 80hr inst course that Don and I did together had AC, cause those were some loooooong days. Stopping to get Pascal coffee at 5am before we started teaching - good times!

But hey, thats just me.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
oglenewinkel
Force Training Division

I appreciate the info and am looking forward to the course.

Thanks for the comments and stay safe.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs Dad View Post
Nice! What new hires at Burbank PD range go through is something like that.

Thank God the 80hr inst course that Don and I did together had AC, cause those were some loooooong days. Stopping to get Pascal coffee at 5am before we started teaching - good times!
lol re: "did together", to be clear, You were Instructing and I was Learning... and yes, Good Times to be sure! :) And you know it is a high intensity class when the instructors also have a good sweat going on!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
CJs Dad
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
lol re: "did together", to be clear, You were Instructing and I was Learning... and yes, Good Times to be sure! :) And you know it is a high intensity class when the instructors also have a good sweat going on!
Teaching is a learning experiance :)

But hey, thats just me.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
resqr1
Force Training Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJs Dad View Post
Teaching is a learning experiance :)
100% agree. You learn WAAAAAYY more by teaching (if you do it right) than you ever will by just taking the class.

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
resqr1 is offline   Reply With Quote