vwr32

Re:

quote \”G.V.\:

quote \”vwr32\:

I’ll disagree with that.

Yeh, well, I’ll disagree with you disagreeing. I’ll bet you dollars to donuts that Mike Tyson could throw a cleaner punch than you can, dude…and yet, there he was with a busted hand after a street fight.

Ok, I’ll see your disagreement and disagree with your disagreeing with my disagreement. 😛

I’m sure tyson trains to throw full force at his opponent’s head no matter what the final target is… jaw, nose, skull. The gloves protect his hands. At no time have I ever heard an instructor tell people they should target someone’s skull with their fist. In fact, if their face is obstructed from a strike, I believe other attacks would be better suited: Head down? Knee strike maybe. Opponent too close for effective right cross? Tyson might go straight for the right hook to the head… dangerous shot for a bare fist, I wonder if that’s what he used. I’d be more inclined to simply fire off an elbow to their face.

Tyson’s training differs slightly from ours. I’d like to believe the hype behind ours having been effectively tested in the streets of Israel/Palestine and isn’t leaving behind a wake of crippled, broke-handed Israeli soldiers after every instance of hand to hand combat. A closed fist isn’t always the best tool, and that’s why we incorporate so many different means of striking.

Like I said before, I’d love to see some open handed strikes done in class. We’re in agreement on that part. Tyson would have been fine had he resorted to knees and elbows if his opponent’s face was obscured. Too bad he doesn’t train for street fighting like we do.

We’ll be ok even if we train with gloves/wraps while punching the pads and heavy bags. If not, i’m sure the NTC will adapt and Israel will survive. 😀

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: