Go Back   Krav Maga Worldwide™ Israeli Self Defense Forums > Krav Maga Worldwide Forums > Personal Gear Discussion

Notices

Personal Gear Discussion This is the place to talk about stuff you are using. Gloves, Guns, Knives, anything tactical for self defense or training. .

Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
KMyoshi

Default Gel handwraps

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a pair of gel handwraps to supplement my regular 180" handwraps mainly when I'm in level 2 classes and have to use the 16oz boxing gloves. My hands are small and there is noticeable movement around them without handwraps on and sometimes we take off our handwraps to do a drill then we put on the boxing gloves to do another drill. I want something that I can just slip on just as quickly as the boxing gloves and still provide adequate protection of my knuckles and wrists, etc. I was looking at these from Rev Gear ... they have a band of 120" which isn't much but the point of it is to also fill the gloves. Anyone with experience with these gloves? Will they fit the boxing glove? Thanks.
KMyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Inky

Default Re: Gel handwraps

Everlast for $20. I hate every pair of leather or gel gloves i have bought and just use wraps but these were the best for quick change and price. And yes i have used them under my 16oz gloves and can slip focus mits over them too. not much for wrist support so i dont recomend them for any type of bag work though.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
ginahaggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Everlast for $20. I hate every pair of leather or gel gloves i have bought and just use wraps but these were the best for quick change and price. And yes i have used them under my 16oz gloves and can slip focus mits over them too. not much for wrist support so i dont recomend them for any type of bag work though.
Wouldn't the gel leak after extreme punching?
ginahaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
catapult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginahaggins View Post
Wouldn't the gel leak after extreme punching?
The gel is a soft, shock-absorbing, synthetic rubber like those Dr. Scholl's insoles ("are you gellin'?").
catapult is offline   Reply With Quote