Go Back   Krav Maga Worldwide™ Israeli Self Defense Forums > Krav Maga Worldwide Forums > KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books

Notices

KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books A forum for a discussion of Krav Maga Techniques & Scenerios

Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
KMyoshi

Default Krav vs. Wild

I'm interested in doing this. I think it'll really put me out of my comfort zone and wanted to see if anyone else was doing it?

It's $299 to rough it for 3-days.

Link

Would this be considered going paramilitary as stated in the other threads?
"Always avoid, escape, talk down, loop hole if you can, don't be physical unless you really have to be physical, because it really isn't the answer. If you have to be physical, be first and be ferocious. Take them off the planet. But if you can avoid it than you must."
- Geoff Thompson
KMyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
KMyoshi

Default Re: Krav vs. Wild

Mods please move this to the general forum. Thanks!
"Always avoid, escape, talk down, loop hole if you can, don't be physical unless you really have to be physical, because it really isn't the answer. If you have to be physical, be first and be ferocious. Take them off the planet. But if you can avoid it than you must."
- Geoff Thompson
Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

I may be going - let you know when it gets closer to the date...
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
KMyoshi

The March 13th no-refund date makes me hesitant. I work freelance and when work comes, I need to take it.
- Geoff Thompson
Old 02-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
MDeaneUSCG
Force Training Division

I'd like to know more about where the survival side of things is coming from. Obviously, the KM side is obvious, and I know the credibility of it. Are we talking about former/active SERE instructors, or some self-taught hippies? I'm guessing it will lean closer to the former than the latter, but having some info on it would give more credibility.
MDeaneUSCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
mara_jade
Welcoming Committee

According to the KMWW link, more details will be coming soon
- San Antonio Center's Mock Airplane Motto
Disneyland, but more violent - SashaTheStrange explaining KM to a friend
Know who you are and what you're capable of. Walk away if you can. Run away if you must. Defend yourself if you have no other choice.- Instructor Steve Tornovish
mara_jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
kenhyland
Krav Maga Worldwide™*Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeaneUSCG View Post
I'd like to know more about where the survival side of things is coming from. Obviously, the KM side is obvious, and I know the credibility of it. Are we talking about former/active SERE instructors, or some self-taught hippies? I'm guessing it will lean closer to the former than the latter, but having some info on it would give more credibility.
Hi MDeaneUSCG,

Thanks for inquiring! The training will be hosted by the Krav Maga Worldwide Force Training Division. All of them are current or former military and/or law enforcement and are top professionals in their respective fields.

Many of them have honorably served our country in the special operations communities.

No "self-taught hippies" here! :)
kenhyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

Just got back home - left a little early because if I had gone to sleep there, I probably wouldn't be getting up until way too late. It was a pleasure to have met some really cool people from all over - Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Florida, etc. And those were only the few groups that I polled. Also got to meet some cool people from right here in So Cal (btw, for you West LA people, Monica said she was a little sad that people rarely call her Mo Mo anymore...).

I saw a lot of good energy, enthusiasm, spirit, and teamwork. I hope everyone who attended had a great time! JFYI, the final mission was going be a competition to see which team could bag the mountain lion using only the improvised weapons they had made... j/k... :D
Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
CJs Dad
Administrator

Don, maybe you should explain a little more what Krav vrs Wild was.

But hey, thats just me.
CJs Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

Ok, give me a little bit - I want make sure that my explanation will meet with head honcho approval... btw, missed you - was hoping to run into you there... :)
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
CJs Dad
Administrator

Sorry about that, Kids thing had to do.

I'll be in Weho tonight at Abbey working, grab a unit and swing by, theres always a big group of dept guys hanging out.

But hey, thats just me.
CJs Dad is offline   Reply With Quote