vwr32

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

I think you’ve added alot to the discussion, but to me you’ve come accross as an argumentative know it all with a yellow belt.

Excellent. Had to come out of lurking long enough to thank you for your reply.

I think when/if you do go back and re-read the discussions, you’ll notice not one of my debates concerns the techniques taught in krav. When it comes to what we’re supposed to be here for, I’m all ears (or eyes in the forum). I’m ready to learn and you’ll not see me second guessing the system because of some old habits when it comes to knowing how to defend myself against a drunk at a bar.

Argumentative know-it-all with a yellow belt? Like I said before, the assumption is that because I’m new to krav, I can’t have an informed well educated and well researched opinion about something *excluding* krav. I’m sure garddawg is well supplied with info from top people… but that’s not such a unique quality anymore considering the latest info from top advisors in ANY field is only a google search away. I spend a lot of time doing nothing but reading articles about health, exercise, and diet.

It seems to be a carrry over from the other thread \”newbies asking newbies for advice\”. I’m better at taking unsolicited advice when it comes to something I feel I’m truely new to… such as krav. I feel the argumentative portion of my presence was justified because I kept having to defend myself against the well established know-it-alls who have higher belt ranks. There is no black belt in diet. There is no level 4 in exercise. There is no Grandmaster status in knowing what it’s like to train with a sense of danger. Yet there has been no lack of effort to correct me without knowing my background. At the end of the day there is only those with experience and those with excuses.

I ordered the book *because* i’m not a know it all. Sorry if I came off that way concerning the krav system. I just don’t think I did. Maybe the impression that I am comes from me not caving into a barrage of advice that conflicts with my own experience in the various matters. Again, this goes back to not feeling as an equal when it comes to topics outside of krav. \”I’m a newbie to krav, therefore I should automatically agree using a real weapon in class is a good idea.\” Or, \”I’m a newbie to Krav, therefore I should automatically accept a statement that I need growth in knowing what it’s like to look down a barrel of a real gun.\” Sorry, I’ve had that experience before.

I was going to leave it at lurking for a while, but when you said you typed all that with one finger I felt obligated to at least say thanks for your time. Back to lurking.

8)

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: