kravjeff

Re:

Hey Mike! It’s good to be back !!! Now I just have to get back to training again! 😈

To the technique … Being pulled – or pushed – while choked by anything is (obviously) worse than being choked in a static position. And your point of losing your balance, or base, is huge. The key is regaining your base by turining into the attack. Imagine falling back; your instinct is to step back to regain your balance. The technique does exactly this but you turn on that step. Even if it’s impossible to break the choke (say with a rope) re-establishing your base and moving into the attack – then \”gettin’ medival on their azz\” is your best chance (at least from what i’ve learned thus far – I’m no expert!).

Regarding GK: I got your back 😉

CJ’s dad (Sean?):

I understand your point better now too – I imagined you were going for the stick, not the hands. I was going to the stick. I’m not bigger or stronger than most (at least not bigger 😈 ) so maybe that’s why we imagined this differently. Not sure which is right, or if either (or both) are. When we did this with belts we were not going to the hands or plucking anything, we were getting a hand or finger in pre-emptively (not easy with your eyes closed in the dark) making space to breathe and turning to fight. I still think that with a solid object (such as a stick) it may be better to forego the pluck, turn, swim inside and fight, though it would obviously be dictated to some degree by space/no-space. Perhaps employing some of the bear hug from behind techniques should be considered, especially with no space. I’ll be interested to hear what Darren had to say about it – Be sure to report back (when you can type again!).

Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: