Go Back   Krav Maga Worldwide™ Israeli Self Defense Forums > Krav Maga Worldwide Forums > General KM Related Topics

Notices

General KM Related Topics Post general comments or questions about Krav Maga here

Old 10-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Charlie1

Default Level 1 Test

Looking for advice on working out/classes the week prior to the test please. I'm taking the Level 1 test this Saturday and have gone to class both on Monday and Tuesday. I've been having some issues with minor left shoulder soreness over the last few weeks and haven't really been able to rest it much as I've tried to get in more class time. I have gone to about 45 classes since May and think I'm ready knowledge-wise. I think I should be good as far as stamina, but I'm almost 46 and have never have worked out for 6-8 hours straight.

I can't wait to start level 2.
Charlie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
jjbklb

Default Re: Level 1 Test

1 week won't make any difference in your conditioning.Rest up to get rid of that shoulder soreness.Good luck.
jjbklb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
KMyoshi

Yup! If you have soreness definitely let your body rest as what the instructors are looking for is a "don't quit" attitude from you. Also, from what others have told me: the test is 4 hours with the first 3 being basically any other class you attend where they teach you the curriculum but this time they're going reviewing it rather than teaching you. The 4th hour is when they test you and you have to go all out! Drink plenty of fluids too! Good luck!
KMyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
revobuzz

Rest your shoulder.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
lions2011

I already past level 1 and I never received my yellow belt award. Are you supposed to get one lol.

I was hoping for some yellow belt diploma in Hebrew or something.
lions2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
lions2011

i am taking my Orange test in March i think for sure.
Then Green in September.

My ultimate goal is too get a green belt but more important is to learn the Core moves from Level 1-3 is the most important.
lions2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Charlie1

Passed the level 1 test We had a 4.5 hour seminar and then a 4 hour test. I probably drank 48oz of Gatorade (and wish I had more) and at least that much water.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
SicPuppy
Force Training Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2011 View Post
I already past level 1 and I never received my yellow belt award. Are you supposed to get one lol.

I was hoping for some yellow belt diploma in Hebrew or something.
Does KMWW maintain a listing of everyone who completed various levels of Krav, or just for the instructors?

Does one get a certificate or anything when they pass a level?

Just wondering...

Do unto others before they do unto you.

"I didn't want to fight. Now, you don't want to fight. In fact, you're lucky if you're still alive.", Imi Lichtenfeld, People magazine, 15 November 1976.

Go home safe!

SicPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
mara_jade
Welcoming Committee

From what I remember, your scores are sent to KMWW-the certificates from there. I always heard the term 'belt' (maybe from way back when, dunno exactly) but my 'belts' are all certificates
- San Antonio Center's Mock Airplane Motto
Disneyland, but more violent - SashaTheStrange explaining KM to a friend
Know who you are and what you're capable of. Walk away if you can. Run away if you must. Defend yourself if you have no other choice.- Instructor Steve Tornovish
mara_jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #10
brigz

yeah i just did my level 1 test and we are receiving a certificate that is being signed in L.A. then shipped back to us that was one difficult test though and im excited for level 2
brigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #11
KMyoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie1 View Post
Passed the level 1 test We had a 4.5 hour seminar and then a 4 hour test. I probably drank 48oz of Gatorade (and wish I had more) and at least that much water.

Whoa so you had an 8.5 hour test?! I just took mine yesterday, it was 4.5 hours total with 3.5 hours of workshop and an hour of testing.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Charlie1

Really just a 4 hour test with the other 4.5 hours of review. I heard our level 2 test is about the same amount of time. I'm glad I can rest easy for a while and just enjoy the classes, as that test is probably at least 6-months away.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #13
KMyoshi

That's still a long time!

The workshop you didn't have to go 100% (you were actually told not to go 100%) but I was still going about 50-80% to try to conserve my energy but also not slack off which would have probably affect my test negatively later as I wouldn't have been warmed up, etc. I was pretty fatigued by the time the test came but like I said, the entire test including workshop was 4.5 hours for me. So I've got to give you props for grueling it out for 8.5 hours TOTAL. A 4 hour test is still a long time!

Where are you attending your classes by the way? Just curious as I'm wondering why there was such a time difference between your test and mine.

Last edited by KMyoshi; 11-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
Charlie1

Austin, TX Definitely a sense of accomplishment and confidence builder afterwards, but then humbled a bit after starting from the bottom again in level 2.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #15
jacgue36
Force Training Division

Congrats!!! Keep on moving!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
stickfig13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie1 View Post
Really just a 4 hour test with the other 4.5 hours of review. I heard our level 2 test is about the same amount of time. I'm glad I can rest easy for a while and just enjoy the classes, as that test is probably at least 6-months away.
8.5 hour test?!

I never understand why these marathon tests are given. I understand having to showcase your mental toughness, but students who train 2-3 days a week are risking serious injury at a certain point. I understand that 4 hours of it is workshop, but we all know students go harder than they should in these workshops.

Someone please explain the logic behind subjecting a Level 1 student to a test that's 8.5 hours long.
stickfig13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
Inky

My L1 test was 5Hours @ %100. 8.5 does seem overboard even conserving energy. I always take over a week off before testing (have to force myself not to go) and just stay up on cardio while pushing as many carbs the two days before.