Go Back   Krav Maga Worldwide™ Israeli Self Defense Forums > Krav Maga Worldwide Forums > General KM Related Topics

Notices

General KM Related Topics Post general comments or questions about Krav Maga here

Old 02-05-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
KravMagaStudent

Default What is the monthly cost of your Krav Maga class?

With all of the posts I have been reading for one reason or another, members are posting the fact that they can afford Krava Maga. Now I am unsure why they feel it is expensive, but I have checked other MA schools and they are averaging about $100 per month.

There was a KM school that just opened up in my area and was having a promotion of $78 per month for Krav Maga, Aikido,Tai Chi, and shuai Chiao. I quickly jumped on this opportunity to receive all this training for such a small price. So I am curious as to what are others paying, and what else are they being taught.
KravMagaStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
G.V.

Default Re: What is the monthly cost of your Krav Maga class?

I pay something like $220/mo for me and da kid. We take only the krav classes, but there's also kickboxing, yoga, kid's karate, and some other stuff.
G.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
tri4ever65

Default what is the monthly cost of krav maga class?

I pay $55.00 a month that is once a week one hour.

is that to much? :(

tri4ever65
tri4ever65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
Al

I pay $85.00 per month, on a yearly contract. It's the best $85.00 I spend. I paid much less to study Aikido for 8 years, but got what I paid for.
I get to attend unlimited classes that include Krav Maga, Krav Conditioning classes, Sport Yoga, a \"Gut's and Butts\" class, and an Intro to Fighting. While I only attend 3 classes a week, it's nice to have the option to attend more depending on how many hours I work each week. The owners are also nice enough to allow us to train at either of the two schools they have; one in Broomfield and one in Boulder, Co.
Add to that that I'm being taught by two of the BEST people in country for Krav Maga ( James and Shannon Hiromasa ) and I'd pay twice as much if I had to. ( Just don't tell them that!)
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
usnavy_233

KravMagaStudent,

I go to Krav Maga NOVA also. $78 for everything and I usually make it to three classes a week. I think it's a pretty fair deal. The BJJ academy in Alexandria is $100/mo. Trident MA academy in Woodbridge charges over $100/mo/ Neither of them have Krav. I'm happy with my $78/mo!!
Old 02-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
SunnySD

Returning students at our school pay $130 for a 2 month session, newbies $150. We can go up to three times a week, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
SunnySD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #7
jarcher

Default Re: What is the monthly cost of your Krav Maga class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"KravMagaStudent\"
There was a KM school that just opened up in my area and was having a promotion of $78 per month for Krav Maga...
That's about what I'm paying.
jarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #8
wyatt9696

87.50 a month. 3 classes a week. normally about 1hr15min to 1 1/2 hrs or so each. best money i've ever spent.
wyatt9696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:31 AM   #9
SexyBaldMan

I to attend the Krav Maga NOVA school. I have been to many MA schools and it is a great deal for unlimited classes. I know of other schools that limit the amount of classes you can attend, which I think is crap. Ya paying for training, let them train as often as they are classes. :D

I think a lot of it has to do with the area too. Like in NOVA it can be reliatively costly. However, my old karate school in PA is still charging the same fee a month today compare to when I started in 1991..:) That is 35 bucks a month...:)
SexyBaldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:00 AM   #10
KravMagaStudent

I also believe that once our school grows..... and it has grown very well in just 2 months.... that we are also going to have a acupuncture room!!!! Oh yeah!!!

We get to train in as many different forms of self defense classes as you would like... which is great.... but after one Level 1 class... who has the energy to go to another class????

At what point in time do you go out and buy KM gear to wear for the class???
Old 02-06-2006, 04:41 AM   #11
KravMagaStudent

Default Re: what is the monthly cost of krav maga class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"tri4ever65\"
I pay $55.00 a month that is once a week one hour.

is that to much? :(

tri4ever65

I think if you are not getting all the classes, and cannot go as many times as you would like... you are paying too much!!! Are you in a one year contract??
Old 02-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #12
KravMagaStudent

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"usnavy_233\"
KravMagaStudent,

I go to Krav Maga NOVA also. $78 for everything and I usually make it to three classes a week. I think it's a pretty fair deal. The BJJ academy in Alexandria is $100/mo. Trident MA academy in Woodbridge charges over $100/mo/ Neither of them have Krav. I'm happy with my $78/mo!!
What time's of the week do you train? Maybe we have trained together? I usually go M-W-F-S. I try to go every day, but with my schedule... who can make it to every class??? I am usually there around 1800-1900.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #13
SexyBaldMan

Hey, I know KMstudent, those are the same days I go, except we don't have a Friday class..lol :lol:

Opps, wait, of course I know you, since you are my boss...lol

Btw, USNAVY dude, not sure if we have trained together but I am the tall, 300lbs bald white dude...Usually in shorts...lo 8) :lol:
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #14
KravMagaStudent

Ops... I didn't mean Friday... I was thinking about my weight lifting schedule as well... sorry for the mixup... since the school isn't even open on Fridays....

- My bad!!!!

:lol:
Old 02-06-2006, 06:03 AM   #15
usnavy_233

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"KravMagaStudent\"
Quote:
Originally Posted by \"usnavy_233\"
KravMagaStudent,

What time's of the week do you train? Maybe we have trained together? I usually go M-W-F-S. I try to go every day, but with my schedule... who can make it to every class??? I am usually there around 1800-1900.

KM Student, Baldman,
I'm sure we've crossed paths. I try to make the Mon, Tues, and Thurs classes. I hit the 1800 class and then the 1900 classes. When I can't make the weekday classes because of my work schedule, I go to the Saturday class. See you guys at 1800!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #16
KravMDjeff
Instructor
Force Training Division

Am I the only one that finds this thread in bad taste?

Praise be to the LORD my rock, who trains my fingers for battle, my hands for war.
Psalm 144:1
KravMDjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #17
Andre

Why?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:24 AM   #18
KravMagaStudent

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"KravMDjeff\"

May I ask why??? You cannot make a statement like this without explaining yourself. :?:
Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 AM   #19
SexyBaldMan

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"KravMDjeff\"
Yep, i would say you are the only one. I don't see how a thread about KM fees is in bad taste. KMstudent wanted to get an idea of what other people pay and see what is the norm...
Old 02-07-2006, 06:07 AM   #20
Ryan
Instructor
Force Training Division

I don't mind the topic, but inevitably someone comes away thinking they're paying too much, even if they were perfectly happy before reading such a thread. This never makes sense to me. I would expect to pay more (or less) based on many factors that influence price in any service or retail industry.

If you are getting what you were promised, and you knew what the pricing was, and you are happy, how can you be paying too much?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:13 AM   #21
Andre

Jeff, at the end of the day, Krav students are still consumers, with the right to openly discuss what they spend their income on. Ryan is right, though, it can tend to be a slippery slope.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 AM   #22
SexyBaldMan

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"Ryan\"
I don't mind the topic, but inevitably someone comes away thinking they're paying too much, even if they were perfectly happy before reading such a thread. This never makes sense to me. I would expect to pay more (or less) based on many factors that influence price in any service or retail industry.

If you are getting what you were promised, and you knew what the pricing was, and you are happy, how can you be paying too much?
Now that I can understand and fully agree with. I think the biggest factor in determining price is location. For us, KMStudend and myself, living in the DC area good instruction can get costly.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #23
JohnL
Instructor

I pay 40.. It's normally 100 but I'm a TKD student there too (which is also 100 a month). So all together, 140 a month. This gives me access to 2 krav classes a week, 4 TKD classes, 7 kickbox aerobic, 2 sparring class, 2 grappling classes.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #24
Lor

Default Re:

JohnL ~ \"This gives me access to 2 krav classes a week, 4 TKD classes, 7 kickbox aerobic, 2 sparring class, 2 grappling classes.\"

...and a bottle of Advil. :P
Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #25
KravMagaStudent

If I would of known that it was going to be this much of a big deal, I wouldn't of made the post.....

Either way... It's nice to know what type of service you are or should be getting for your money.... (end of story).....
Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #26
Ryan
Instructor
Force Training Division

KMS, I don't think it's a \"big deal\"--it's a legitimate question, but I've seen these threads deteriorate, as I indicated. No problem.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #27
Lor

Default Re:

KravMagaStudent ~ \"If I would of known that it was going to be this much of a big deal, I wouldn't of made the post.\"

Boy, I know that feeling. Online conversations can take the darndest turns.

(I pay $85 monthly for class once a week, by the way.)
Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #28
G.V.

Boys, don't make me come here and kick some crotch.
G.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #29
KravMDjeff
Instructor
Force Training Division

I'm the sales manager at our facility. Maybe it's just that I have to continually remind myself, and others, that making a profit isn't really what my job is all about. It's about improving the quality of other peoples' lives. I think I'm decent at my job because I keep that in view, not the \"bottom line\".

Also, last week I helped to train the local Domestic Violence Center. If they refer clients, most likely they can't pay the full rate, if at all. We're offering them a certain number of free memberships. If anyone needs KM training, it's them, and perhaps from my perspective it bothers me when anyone makes a decision to train or not train based upon $$$.

I mean, when I started Krav, both my wife and I were full-time undergrad students. We had to completely restructure our monthly budget to afford KM memberships. But how can you put a price on 1) Safety and 2) Health?

I would say anyone who doesn't think they're getting their money's worth doesn't understand what they're being taught. And if that's true, then what does it matter what people pay?

But if I'm in the minority on this issue (as it's obvious I am) then disregard my concerns.

Praise be to the LORD my rock, who trains my fingers for battle, my hands for war.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #30
dkst

Come on, sales manager, not cocerned with bottom line, you're fired.
dkst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #31
KravMagaStudent

Default Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by \"dkst\"
Come on, sales manager, not cocerned with bottom line, you're fired.

now that was funny...
Old 02-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #32
KravMDjeff
Instructor
Force Training Division

Okay...I know you were being sarcastic, but for me it's an important distinction.

I've done sales before, and I hated it. Why? Because even if I thought I had the best product or service out there, I wasn't passionate about what I was giving to the people I was selling to.

Now, because of having some knowledge about the system, and seeing the effectiveness of it, I can pursue potential students with a lot more sincerity and zeal simply because of the fact that my heart is totally in what I'm selling. Hence, I'm not focused on profit, but I'm focused on making people safer. That sincerity is what makes me better at my job, and what makes it easier, more fun, and more rewarding.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:42 AM   #33
KravMagaStudent

We need more people like Jeff in the world!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #34
dkst

I was playing around, to truely believe in what you are selling it great. Who wouldn't want to sell KM, I'm sure your passion closes the sale more then it hurts.
dkst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #35
KravMDjeff
Instructor
Force Training Division

Well, I mean, I don't want to make myself sound like this saintly idealist.

Lots of times not thinking about the profit while doing sales is like \"the game\":

Rule#1-Don't think about the game
Rule #2- If you think about the game, you have to shout at the top of your lungs \"I lost the game!\" and then return to not thinking about the game.

But it also forces me to be more thoughtful and careful to find out why the person is interested...which in turn helps me be more interested in their needs/wants, which in turn makes for a better and easier sell (unless of course, whatever they're looking for simply can't be fulfilled by Krav)