I would like to call your attention to the fact that not only is Krav Maga Worldwide hosting their annual Stop Cancer/The Marni Fund Fundraisers (Fight For The Cure) on September 27th and 28th, this month is also pediatric cancer awareness month.
I dedicated last Thursday’s presentation* to a dear friend of mine: Kicker. This 3 year old was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia last December and through whole foods and alternative therapies, is handling his chemotherapy like a champ. His mom, Season, has started the #realhealthchallenge to raise awareness and money for their foundation to give scholarships to kids in Kicker’s situation access to the alternative therapies they need to kick cancer and thrive.
Please pledge to use one of the diet hacks listed below to make a change starting tomorrow, and post your pledge to social media tagged with #realhealthchallenge. Challenge your friends and family to do the same, and learn more about Kicker’s fight at seasonjohnson.blogspot.com, and the KICKcancER facebook page.
On behalf of the Johnson family and the children they are helping, thank you!!
The following are simple substitutions to make your daily life healthier. Try one, try them all, and please make an effort to make a change for the better!
- Instead of pasta, try zucchini noodles in the summer and spaghetti squash in the winter
- Instead of white potatoes, try red potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes, or cauliflower mash
- When making sandwiches, instead of bread, try bell pepper or apple slices
- Instead of flavored, non-dairy coffee creamer, try full-fat coconut milk and vanilla extract
- Instead of chips, try baked kale, baked sweet potato or plantain slices, or raw cucumber slices
- Please throw away your margarine and butter substitutes and use real butter from grass-fed cows
- Instead of artificial sweetener, sugar, agave or stevia, use dates, honey, and maple syrup
- Instead of sports drinks try water with sea salt
- Please throw away your canola, soybean and vegetable oils, and use extra virgin olive oil instead
- Instead of soy sauce try coconut aminos-I promise they taste the same!
- When grilling burgers, grill some Portobello mushrooms to use instead of a bun
- Homemade dressing is always best, but if you run out of time, just whisk some herbs into some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- If you are really craving pancakes, frying an egg whisked with some mashed squash OR nut butter can be quite satisfying
- Just like dressings, homemade dips are always best, but if you run out of time, simple mix your favorite herbs into some cultured sour cream
*Eligibility to participate in the Krav Maga Worlwide Free Nutrition Seminars in West Los Angeles are determined at the time of sign-up.
No changes or modifications apply.