Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    smart11222

Hi

New to krav and saw this on cnn and wanted to get peoples thoughts about this. What should have been done if real?

http://wcbstv.com/local/subway.a.train.2.603613.html

Re: need thoughts about this

quote smart11222:

Hi

New to krav and saw this on cnn and wanted to get peoples thoughts about this. What should have been done if real?

First off… Welcome!

The video is really grainy and my connection sucks which doesn’t help matters so I can’t really tell if it’s real and I didn’t really see how severe the beating was, but in my opinion, a threat is a threat. In that situation, the man did the right thing by trying to calm the attackers down when they were trying to get him into a verbal confrontation. However, the fact that he stayed seated may not have been the best way to go. Sure, if you stand up, you’re going to instigate them to attack, but you’re in a much better position if they do. Once they did physicaly attack him, he remained far too passive. I understand the mentality that would lead him not to want to hit a girl. Admittedly, I still tend to feel wierd doing it in fight class (until my female sparring partners land a good one to my nose!). The bottom line is, however, that women can inflict just as much damage as men. All of those girls could have been armed and when you’re out-numbered like that, you need to neutralize the threat immediately. I would have made an aggressive attack and layed out the girl in the black clothing who was being so mouthy in the begining, then I would have continued to attack the other girls until they decided to back off. Speed, suprise, and violence of action.

Note: I’m only in KM level 1… Krav Maga does teach fighting multiple opponents, but that is above my pay grade. Can someone else shed some light on the subject that knows the Krav way of dealing with such a threat?

J-

vwr32

quote smart11222:

What should have been done if real?

Fought back lol

Seriously, he did *nothing*.

From the seated position, it looked like he might have been in prime position to launch some extremely powerful kicks to her knees. Maybe even a push kick launching her across the train to gain some space. Doesn’t matter tho, once he did get up he did the same thing as when he was sitting. Nadda.

leam

Re: new

Well, keep in mind that I’m KM Level 0, but here’s what I’ve learned elsewhere. Take out the leader first. Or the loudest, that deflates some of the groups direction. Move to or through someone on the outside edge so fewer attackers can get to you at once. In the video, real or not, the man had time to evaluate the situation and the attackers.

Krav seems ideal for this sort of situation. Take the initiative in the fight, make the attackers have to make choices and being slowed down by options, and if you put a body or two on the ground in front of you the rest of them have to attack over bad terrain. 🙂

Leam

mara-jade

quote smart11222:

Hi

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum:wav:. I’m not able to see the video right now but I’m sure the others will jump in :D:

giant-killer

Re: new

Can’t see the video, no high speed. :(:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: