X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

:::::::::::EDIT:::::::::

Commando Krav Maga / CKM / Moni Aizik

Is in no way affiliated with the Krav Maga system being taught by KMWW, IKMA, KMAA, IDF, Wingate Institute Israel.

If your looking to train in an Israeli Self Defense System we urge you to do your homework on the facility your interested in.

The following comments reflect opinions of individuals from a broad spectrum of organizations and not specific to any one point of view.

:::::::::::EDIT:::::::::

Dear community members:

In an attempt to consolidate all of the posts on the Moni subject I had merged all of the threads into one large sticky and somehow while attempting to make them into one informative thread I changed the title and it was gone.

Admittedly I have no idea why it vanished. However I can assure you it was not my intention to remove the information. I was in fact trying to put all of it into one continuous thread.

My sincere apology for fumbling the ball and losing the content.

If anyone has the text written by morkravi I will gladly repost it.

Re: CKM / Moni

Any chance of getting the original threads back via system backup? We wouldn't have the posts from today, but it would be better than nothing.

Just a thought

I did see you merging cause when I logged in earlier, I saw the the thread saying like sticky Moni/...merged but when I went to open it, that's when it went poof.
    Do, or do not. There is no try - Jedi Master Yoda
    This is Krav, not scrapbooking- Instructor Jeremy Stafford
    Krav Air - We serve up NUTS
    - San Antonio Center's Mock Airplane Motto
    Disneyland, but more violent - SashaTheStrange explaining KM to a friend
    Know who you are and what you're capable of. Walk away if you can. Run away if you must. Defend yourself if you have no other choice.- Instructor Steve Tornovish

Comment

No worries, since I'm sure this won't be the only time this comes up again.
      HA!
      Seriously, I never knew jack squat about all the political stuff involved with Krav when I started. And you know what? Now that I do, I still don't give a flying fig. It doesn't change how I sweat or grunt my way through the drills in the least. And it certainly isn't going to improve the power of my punch or kick by being affiliated with this or that school of thought.
      I realize a lot of the passionate arguments stem from respect for the elders. I get that. But the elders also know a name is just a name, I hope.
      That's my two cents anyway.
      By the way, you guys do an excellent job being diplomatic with this whole controversy while maintaining a great, fun and informative forum.
      Thanks for all the work and stress involved.

Comment

I had to ask anyhow so just hoping. Makes sense on deleting the first post - that's considered the master link to the rest. But seeing you can't have 2 master posts, dunno what else you could've done - major bummer.

I think I subscribed so I may have the morkravi text -won't know till later today. Hopefully someone will repost it before I do. Things happen Sean and you were just trying to make the topic easier for everyone to find.
        Do, or do not. There is no try - Jedi Master Yoda
        This is Krav, not scrapbooking- Instructor Jeremy Stafford
        Krav Air - We serve up NUTS
        - San Antonio Center's Mock Airplane Motto
        Disneyland, but more violent - SashaTheStrange explaining KM to a friend
        Know who you are and what you're capable of. Walk away if you can. Run away if you must. Defend yourself if you have no other choice.- Instructor Steve Tornovish

Comment

Originally posted by Nickolas Cook View Post
          No worries, since I'm sure this won't be the only time this comes up again.
          HA!
          Seriously, I never knew jack squat about all the political stuff involved with Krav when I started. And you know what? Now that I do, I still don't give a flying fig. It doesn't change how I sweat or grunt my way through the drills in the least. And it certainly isn't going to improve the power of my punch or kick by being affiliated with this or that school of thought.
          I realize a lot of the passionate arguments stem from respect for the elders. I get that. But the elders also know a name is just a name, I hope.
          That's my two cents anyway.
          By the way, you guys do an excellent job being diplomatic with this whole controversy while maintaining a great, fun and informative forum.
          Thanks for all the work and stress involved.
          I understand what you are saying and agree to a certain point. In my opinion things like this can have an effect on the system we respect and train in the long run. It can miss-inform media, future students, create worse future legal battles that can affect the way we currently train ect.. .

These issues need to be addressed and formalized sooner better than later, Krav Maga is still growing very quickly and these are the stages where items like this need to be addressed.

We would hate to see in every corner "Pete's Krav Maga" , "Joe's Krav Maga" from ppl that maybe saw a DVD on Krav and made adjustments as they see fit.

Most ordinary folks who don't read into all of these things and are not versed in MA who are just looking for a good self defense and see the words "Krav Maga" posted on Joe's place, would not know any better. That can eventually degrade the business of certified formal Krav instructors all over the country and the system as a whole.

Comment

I would just like these all put together to maybe help and avoid controversy when eople come in and start

There may be some answers to questions before they occur. Hopefully it will help the forum and KM.

The less time we spend on useless thing the better.
            To enslave and punish - Decepticon Barricade

Everyone makes mistakes - my son:)

Comment

Let's try this again!

I can say, personally, that Moni teaches that Imi is the founder of Krav Maga! Also, Commando Krav Maga is not Krav Maga. What is written on some web page does not echo the words that I have heard come out of his mouth.

"Ran Nakash agreed to let Moni come to wingate to do a complimentry 3 days seminar "

Why? Someone must have had enough respect for this man to allow him to do a seminar!

Note: If the training didn't fit well with your friends, then I can respect their opinion. When training, I'm sure you will find things you like and dislike in all systems.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to credible resources to make any claims about this man's military record. However, I know that he has a passion for what he is doing. He has some very sound techniques and concepts that are different from any system I've trained in. Do I need to ask anything more?

Jay
              Self Defense NJ

Comment

Unfortunately most of the posts in the previous thread went away when the admin made his snafu.

Many of us were students of his and are well aware of what he teaches and have personal knowledge of him directly. This is not hearsay read on a website someplace this is actual first hand experience with him as our primary instructor.

Moni is not teaching Krav Maga or anything that remotely looks like Krav Maga.

The term Krav Maga was plastered on his marketing materials and to already existing curriculum as a way to boost sales.

To paraphrase (Simon?) “if Ninja’s were still popular Moni would call his system Combat Ninjitsu and have a story about training in a cave under Mt. Fuji”
                Benelli – when you absolutely, positively have to blow a large hole in something.

Comment

Yes,
                  Again, Moni states that CKM is NOT Krav Maga!

Are you stating that there is a clearly defined and universally accepted system that is termed "Krav Maga"?

Our well informed poster wrote the following:

"Although the krav maga that we teach here in the special forces is in fact different then American krav maga, the official system of the IDF regular forces and Special Forces is krav maga and only krav maga. "

This states that there is American Krav Maga. "IDF regular forces and Special Forces "is" krav maga and only krav maga".

If he knows what he is talking about, than the word in front of the word "Krav Maga" seems to denote something different.

Commando, American, IDF regular forces, Special Forces are not the same thing if you follow this model.
                  Self Defense NJ

Comment

All I know is what I was able to read on an official CKM website from the UK (which - suprise - has been under construction since we started discussing it here) and what he says on the "Combatant" DVD... and these sources tell me that he stated that he co-created Krav Maga...

Comment

Your argument is semantics? Are you serious??

You know since I left his system I have really tried to conduct myself as a rational adult where this subject was concerned but itís clear to me that many people are still drinking the CKM cool aide and are walking in ignorance. Itís so frustrating to put your faith in someone only to be lied to time and time again. So I can understand as a ìcertified CKM instructorî you really need to believe in what your doing. Hopefully at some point you will take the blinders off and wake up to reality.

But I digress, lets return to your point of view for a minute

Originally posted by jsumm54421 View Post
                      Yes,
                      Again, Moni states that CKM is NOT Krav Maga!
                      I lost count how many times he >Moni< said TO ME PERSONALLY ìin Krav Maga weî blah blah blah

Thereís a big difference between splitting hairs and blatantly lying to your students and instructors.

He should have called his system Israeli Ground Fighting. Or even Israeli JuJitsu Iím sure that would have made the Brazilians happy.

For those of us who have trained in other systems we know what the real name for it should be:

ISMU

ìIsraeli Stuff I Made Upî
                      Benelli – when you absolutely, positively have to blow a large hole in something.

Comment

Originally posted by Benelli View Post
                        To paraphrase (Simon?) ìif Ninjaís were still popular Moni would call his system Combat Ninjitsu and have a story about training in a cave under Mt. Fujiî
                        LOL yeah something like that, I think I also mentioned something about tossin stars and smoke bombs but you were close.

Israeli Combat Jujitsu has a nice ring to it maybe we should suggest it to his publicist and marketing team?

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                        he stated that he co-created Krav Maga...
                        Total and complete BS made up to sell videos and CKM licenses. But hey donít take my word for it Iím sure more and more EX-CKM guys will come out of the woodwork and validate this point.

Originally posted by jsumm54421 View Post
                        Unfortunately, I do not have access to credible resources to make any claims :snip: Do I need to ask anything more?

Jay

Yes Jay, you need to ask why so many students and instructors and even licensees of CKM came here to the forums to share their stories about being lied to. None of those guys are on the KMWW payroll most arenít even Worldwide students.

Either they woke up after all of their constant questions went unanswered or thereís a conspiracy against him.

Hopefully for your sake one day youíll ask questions the same as many others have and come to the logical conclusion.

Youíre being lied to.
                        David slew Goliath and thus the first principle of Krav Maga was battle proven.

"Bringing Ju-Jitsu to a knife fight is like sticking your hand in a garbage disposal and hoping no one throws the switch." -CJ's Dad

Comment

Damn it! I wish my other posts weren't lost in the consolidation, oh well.
                          I too came from the CKM Instructors pool. I too never got straight answers to relatively easy questions. I too left the CKM people for reasons many have already stated. He simply lied to us, to his current pool of instructors, and to anyone that ever read the advertising he uses. He has never proved that he is anything more than a guy that won some junior chamionships that should sell himself as nothing more than a blackbelt in Judo and Ju Jitsu. While he does have an engaging personality, it could be said that so does a snake, right before he swallows his prey. Moni is a master at extracting full value from each of his Instructors with very little sub-structure to assist them in teaching his Ju Jitsu oriented program. Using the Krav Maga name is nothing more than a marketing ploy to attract those that believe he is really teaching a commando style of Krav Maga, which he is not. One main complaint of many of us,is that we have shown him some of the defenses we have learned over the years and then Moni puts it into his curriculum as his own techniques created solely by he and he alone! Someday the rest will wake up to the fact that they too have been duped!! It's not easy for me to say I got duped myself. I write this in the hopes that someone thinking about joining the CKM will do due dilegence in their research before spending a dime on this trumped up system. I am not in the KMWW either so I have nothing to gain by this post. I just want people to know that there are many of us out there that have seen the truth for what the truth really is. JL

Comment

Again, my understanding of self defense, martial arts and fighting will not allow me to pass judgement on a particular system. If your system allows this conduct, then I question it's merit as a serious institution of disipline.

For those who thought CKM was Krav Maga, I suggest you do more research before venturing out into the unknown.

I've trained and still train in various systems of self defense and have trained in KMAA for 7 years. I instantly knew that CKM was something different and there was nothing that anyone could tell me. Moni's words only confirmed what I already knew.

Let's tell the truth people. No one clearly knows what "is" Krav Maga. The term "KRAV MAGA", as a self defense system, has NO universal meaning around the world. I see that some will not let CKM out of this debate!

"Will the real Krav Maga please stand up?"

morkravi:
                            "the official system of the IDF regular forces and Special Forces is krav maga and only krav maga"

Thank morkravi!
                            Self Defense NJ

Comment

where's that former CKM instructor who taught in Australia, he posted here not too long ago...I'm sure he could add to this as well

Comment

Working...
                              X