Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Cookeville, TN

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nmatt

Hello,

I have been taking various martial arts for about 4 years now and love to learn about new ones. While Krav Maga isn’t classified as a martial art, I find that it is interesting to an enthusiast such as myself. I am just wondering if anyone has found any interest in the town I live in and would ever think of having Krav Maga classes here.

I live in Cookeville, Tennessee and martial arts here are limited. The generalization consists of basically 3 Tae-kwon-doe schools and 1 authentic Aikido and Kenpo school. I am (was) as student of the latter until I lost interest with the teacher mixing foreign religious aspects into Aikido (which was founded on uniformity with all religions).

I first learned of Krav Maga while reading the novel based on the video game \”Splinter Cell\”. The antagonist Sam Fisher, a government super-spy, is a practitioner of Krav Maga. After hearing about it, I decided to do some reasearch and found the history of the system, as well as some basic pillars and techniques. I plan on taking several more martial arts, but decided to first (re)start with Krav Maga–only there isn’t a school in my town, and getting to one would require 1hr+ long drive.

So, I hope my words have sparked some interest. I would love to see the system get started in my city, and I’m sure the law enforcement here could use it as well!

Thanks,
    ~Nik M.

P.S: If you want some more information on the town or the martial arts available, please contact me by email ([email protected]). Thanks!

karaokewolf

Re: Cookeville, TN

i agree! i would love to have a krav maga teacher here! i realy dont want to settle for karate….and Tae-kwon-doe and me dont get along haha

taekwon-maga

I know I’m late getting to this but I was recently certified through the Total Krav Maga program as an instructor. If you are still interested in classes give Victory Sports Center a call at (931) 526-4960. As of right now I’m the only Certified Krav Instructor in the area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: