Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Personal Gear Discussion Groin protection in L2

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    magpie

OK, time for another L2 gear question: Should I buy an external “groin/ab protector”? I bought a Nutty Buddy™ protector and compression shorts but maybe that’s not sufficient???:confused:

maddogmean

Re: Groin protection in L2

I’ve tried the compression shorts ones and it just doesn’t do the job. The $15 dollar title boxing or RevGear ones work better than the $35 shock doctor compression short/protector combo. Basically it’s a nice pair of compression shorts.

magpie

MDM…are you referring to the type that looks like a big padded jockstrap? (at revgear.com)

maddogmean

Yeah. That one. Gone through a couple of those. The plastic cup can crack if hit hard enough. I wear it under my shorts/pants though. A guy at our school swears by the nutty buddy. I know I’ve gone a little too strong in a groin kick before and it didn’t phase him at all.

Whatever you choose, it still hurts. Maybe the steel Thai cups have the best protection.

doublestrike

Hi Magie,

I currently have the Nutty Buddy cup + jock strap and wear that w/ compression shorts. I’ve been in LVL #2 for almost a year, and it has worked flawlessly. The shape of the Nutty Buddy allows for more natural movement and isn’t binding / awkward like most cups out on the market.

BTW, I’ve also gotten nailed a few times in the groin area both in sparring and technique training (full force), and the Nutty Buddy worked liked a champ.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the nutty buddy.

catapult

quote CJs Dad:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the nutty buddy.

https://kravmaga.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56978&postcount=47

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Damn, I stand corrected!

magpie

LOL! I saw that article before.

OK, I think I’ll just stick with my NB for the time being, unless my instructors advise me to get the ‘big jockstrap’. I’ve worn the NB twice now in class, and have barely noticed it.

idbl-fanatic

I use a McDavid Flex Cup and compression shorts, and haven’t had any issues, and let me tell you, I have been hit a few times on it.

catapult
    idbl-fanatic
    kmyoshi

quote idbl_fanatic:

Ok, that hurts just watching it

I’ll one up you with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcCLqnRP-PE

ship

I just started kvav maga and bought a regular Shock Doctor cup, not anything special for martial arts. Even though only had two classes I came to realize why it is suggested guys wear a cup, and the Shock Doctor seems to do the job. I like it in a jockstrap rather than compression shorts as it gets held closer to the body. Is this the best kind or any other suggestions?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: